These adorable Halloween cupcakes are so cute with minimal effort! Little bubbling peanut butter cup cauldrons on a piped orange flame swirl!
- Bake the cupcakes according to the recipe and allow to cool.
- Prepare the frosting and portion out 1 cup and set aside. Divide the remaining frosting in half and tint half yellow and half orange. Tint the 1 cup of reserved green.
- Frost the cupcakes: Fill a piping bag fitted with a large star tip with the orange and yellow frosting. Spoon the yellow onto one side of the bag and the orange into the other. Don’t worry if this isn’t exact because you want the colors to swirl together like a flame.
- Pipe a swirl onto each of the cupcakes. Set cupcakes aside.
- Make the Cauldrons: Fill another piping bag fitted with a medium round tip with the reserved green frosting. You could even use a zip-top bag with the corner snipped off. Pipe a small amount of green frosting onto the top of the peanut butter cup. Repeat with all the peanut butter cups. Place all the peanut butter cups onto the frosted cupcakes.
- Create the chocolate spoon: Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 25 second increments stirring after each until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Place the melted chocolate into a small zip-top bag and snip of a small corner.
- Line a counter with parchment paper and pipe small 1- inch lines of the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to set and then gently peel the chocolate off the parchment paper. Place a spoon into each cauldron.
*I used mini cupcakes in the pictures, but you can bake them regular sized. If you use regular sized use the “miniature” peanut butter cups, instead of the unwrapped minis. The “miniature” are smaller than a regular, but not super mini like the unwrapped. You will yield approximately 60 mini cupcakes.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
Keywords: cookies and cups, halloween cupcakes, red velvet cupcakes, cauldron cupcakes