makes 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined, scraping sides as necessary.
- Add in salt, baking soda and cocoa powder and mix until evenly incorporated. Mix in flour.
- Finally stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough onto baking sheet in Tablespoon sized portions. Bake for 10 minutes until tops have just set.
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare buttercream frosting while cookies are cooling.
- Using a bag fitted with a large piping tip, or a zip-top bag with the corner cut off, pipe a generous amount of frosting onto each cookie. When finished place cookies in the refrigerator to chill while preparing the chocolate coating.
- Over a double boiler melt chocolate chips and oil together until just melted. Remove from heat. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and carefully dip each cookie into the melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Transfer back to wire rack to allow chocolate to set, or place back in fridge to set quickly.
store in cool climate or refrigerator
Cookie recipe adapted from all recipes.