Vanilla Buttercream Recipe.
A simple and easy homemade buttercream recipe that can be modified and changed with great results!
Find a full tutorial here at Buttercream 101.
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening, like Crisco
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4-1/3 cup heavy cream (you can add more or less to achieve your desired consistency. Make it stiffer to pipe roses and decorations, add more for optimal spreading consistency)
- In bowl of stand mixer beat together butter and shortening until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar until mixed in. Next slowly stream in heavy cream while mixing. Once all the heavy cream is added, turn mixer up and allow to mix for at least a minute.
- Store airtight in refrigerator for up to a week.
you can use 1 tsp of clear vanilla extract to keep the frosting very white.