Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting on top of a rich and soft chocolate cake is a dream dessert! The frosting is creamy and delicious…good enough to eat with a spoon!
I know you like chocolate cake. I don’t think I am going out on a limb by saying that, or giving away any huge secret. I mean, I like chocolate cake… actually, who DOESN’T like chocolate cake?
If a chocolate cake is made right, there isn’t a softer, more flavorful dessert out there.
ANNNNND if you top it with my new, most favorite frosting…well, it’s a match made in heaven!
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting is the new star of my frosting dreams. It’s creamy, sweet, and chocolate-y with that slight cream cheese tang that I am obsessed with!
The texture of the frosting is ultra creamy, and like I said before…get your spoon out, because you are going to be sampling this one bite at a time before it ever makes it onto your cake!
I’ve partnered with my friends over at Challenge Dairy on this recipe. I’ve worked with Challenge for years and I really love knowing that their cream cheese is farm to fridge in 24 hours, with zero growth hormones. It’s super creamy and you can taste the freshness. Challenge is the only dairy company that controls the entire butter process, beginning with the milk.
ANNND I not only used Challenge Cream Cheese in the recipe, I used Challenge Butter as well. I love a cream cheese frosting with the addition of butter. I feel like it adds an extra layer of creamy richness.
The combination of pure, dairy ingredients in this frosting, paired with cocoa powder and powdered sugar…
UGH SO GOOD!!!!
And like I said, this frosting on top of a moist chocolate cake. DESSERT PERFECTION!
It spreads like a dream…
And I mean you can go the extra mile and pour a CHOCOLATE GANACHE on top for a few extra calories. I mean, who’s counting?
No need to wait. Dig right in…
Save a slice for me!
Looking to recreate this exact cake?
Here’s the link to the PERFECT CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
AND a link to my POURABLE CHOCOLATE GANACHEPrint
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- In the bowl of you stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and cream cheese together on medium speed until creamy and combined.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds to combine.
- Add in vanilla and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread on cake immediately or store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
* I have partnered with Challenge Dairy on this post. Challenge is a brand that I have worked with for many many years and I am happy to use their products in my kitchen. All opinions are my own.