Makes about 16 pies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup room temp butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Orange food coloring (gel)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line you baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Mix you dry ingredients together
- On low speed add 1/3 of your dry mix, then 1/3 of your buttermilk…continue adding in this order until all your dry ingredients and milk are mixed in and smooth.
- Now add you orange food coloring. It didn’t take very much for me to achieve a pretty orange color, but add until the color you like is reached.
- Mix on low to combine the food coloring, scraping the sides until color is even.
- Transfer batter into a piping bag or snipped off ziplock.
- Pipe in the shape of pumpkins (kind of a fat heart shape) about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approx 6 minutes until they are set.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Fill each with your cream cheese filing.
- In a mixer, cream together your butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- On low speed add in your vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Turn speed up to medium until combined, scraping sides of bowl when necessary.