This decadent Chocolate Pound Cake is rich, moist, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! It’s the best homemade cake recipe for chocolate lovers.
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Optional – powdered sugar to dust or chocolate ganache
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Generously coat a 10 – 12 cup bundt pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the coffee granules into the hot water. When dissolved, stir in the buttermilk. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in the vanilla, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder and mix until combined and smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour and buttermilk mixture in alternating additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix until just combined, scraping the sides of the bowl to ensure mixture is evenly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 60 – 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, and then loosen the cake from the sides of the pan using a butter knife. Invert the cake onto a wire rack or lake plate to cool completely.
- Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar or pour chocolate ganache on top!
Keywords:: chocolate pound cake, chocolate pound cake recipe, chocolate bundt cake, chocolate bundt cake recipe, pound cake recipe, moist pound cake recipe, easy pound cake recipe