These Puppy Chow Cookies (or Muddy Buddy Cookies) are a simple and delicious way to transform your favorite snack mix into a cookie!
I came up with the idea for these cookies last week…it was a moment of pure genius, I tell you.
I mean, everyone loves the snackity snack, Puppy Chow. Or Muddy Buddies..or whatever the heck you call it in your world.
Anyhow, Puppy Chow is a total 80’s snack mix..it’s Chex cereal coated in peanut butter and chocolate and dusted with powdered sugar.
Well, I thought, why couldn’t this be a cookie? Like whoa!
So basically I did my so-happy-I’m-a genius-dance and went along my merry way. Check out the fun video I made…
Anyhow, I made them, ate them and reveled in how freaking delicious they were.
Then I made the very UNgenius decision to google the idea…you know, so I could see if I was the inventor of the best cookie that ever lived.
SO yeah, I’m not.
Anyhow, I’m just gonna say I am, because I thought of it in my own brain.
Long story short…make these cookies.
Puppy Chow Cookies or Muddy Buddy Cookies, or whatever you want to call them.
All you have to do is make a simple peanut butter cookie.
Flatten the dough out before baking them…
They’ll look like this…
Then melt some peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter together.
And make a little assembly station.
Chocolate, powdered sugar and cookies.
Then dip your cookie into the chocolate…make sure to tap off ALL the excess. You only need a thin coating of chocolate on each.
Then plop it into the powdered sugar to coat…See?
And yeah…repeat that a bunch of times.
I tried shaking them in the powdered sugar in a bag, but it didn’t work so well.
Let them set up before you eat them!
These will be so perfect for holiday cookie trays!
If you’re still in the mood for Muddy Buddy/Puppy Chow Treats check out these:
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Add both sugars and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add in egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour.
- Portion out dough by in tablespoon amounts. Roll into a ball and then flatten to approximately ½ inch thick. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until golden at he edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Heat on high for 1 minute and then stir until smooth.
- Place powdered sugar in bowl.
- Dip each cookie in chocolate and using a fork remove cookie, tapping off excess chocolate. You don't need a lot of chocolate coating on the cookies.
- Immediately dip the cookie into the powdered sugar and toss to coat completely.
- Place back on cooling rack to until chocolate is set. Repeat for all cookies.