These Roasted Veggie Nachos are such a fun twist on regular nachos! Roast your favorite veggies and make a simple non-dairy cheese sauce and you’re all set for Meatless Monday or even a Football Game!
I am not hyperbolizing here…Nachos are my favorite food. BY FAR. Probably because nachos are endlessly adaptable. All you do is put your favorite on a tortilla chips and voila Nachos!
While roasted veggies are not necessarily “comfort food” for most putting them on top of a crispy, salty chip and topping it all with melty cheese sauce…well veggies just became crave-able.
And might I mention that roasted vegetables are my favorite way to get my vitamins.
Let’s talk for a quick minute about the cheese sauce that is poured all on top…because it’s not a nacho without cheese! Well, it’s creamy, dreamy and actually made with Silk Almond Milk and vegan cheese! I don’t usually think about using almond milk in place of dairy milk most of the time, but honestly it’s a great, nutritious substitute.
So these are Vegan Nachos…and no one will know the difference! Silk’s plant-based beverages and yogurt alternatives are extremely versatile in the kitchen and can be used to create delicious meat- and dairy-free versions of your go-to meatless recipes.
Having an option that everyone, despite their dietary restrictions, will enjoy will make you a tailgate rockstar!
Just line a baking sheet with foil and chop up your favorite veggies…
Season them liberally with salt and pepper and give them a nice drizzle of olive oil. Another trick I like is to spray them with a light mist of olive oil to help cut back slightly on the fat!
When your veggies are roasted make your cheese sauce. Do this step last because the cheese sauce will need to be used immediately.
Top your chips with the veggies and then drizzle as much cheese sauce as you would like!
The more the merrier, I say!
And seriously, dig in. This is fancy football food for sure.
I am obsessed with these Nachos and using Silk in the cheese sauce elevates this to a whole new level!
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 cloves garlic, thick sliced
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups Tortilla Chips
- 2 tablespoons dairy free/vegan butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk
- 8 ounces grated Vegan/Dairy free cheese
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat the oven 425°F
- Line large baking sheet with foil. Spread the vegetables on the pan in a single layer careful not to overcrowd the pan. Mist or drizzle with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast the veggies for 20 minutes until they are soft. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a serving patter and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Once it’s melted whisk in the flour, cooking for one minute. Slowly pour in the milk, constantly whisking. Heat the milk, whisking continuously, until the mixture comes to a boil and is thickened.
- Immediately whisk in the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Arrange the veggies on the tortilla chips and then pour the cheese sauce on top.
- Serve immediately.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.