Creamy Cheesy Cornbread is a delicious cross between cornbread and corn casserole that you can eat with your hands! It’s the perfect side dish for a Thanksgiving or a summer barbecue!
Creamy Cheesy Cornbread
I’m here to say that I am a bit of a cornbread snob.
A bad piece of cornbread is well… bad. Usually it can be salvaged with a slather of butter, and as much as I like butter, I don’t want to HAVE to use it to make food edible.
Cornbread can be notoriously dry and crumbly, but today we are solving all the cornbread problems in the world. You’ve been waiting for this moment, haven’t you?
What Is Creamy Cheesy Cornbread?
The beauty of this recipe is how simple it is…and how open it is to adapting and building on.
It’s basically a cross between a corn casserole (my favorite Thanksgiving side dish) and cornbread, with extra help from cream cheese, cheddar cheese and LOTS of extra corn!
I’ve partnered with my friends over at Challenge Dairy on this recipe. I’ve worked with Challenge for years and I really love knowing that their cream cheese is farm to fridge in 24 hours, with zero growth hormones. It’s super creamy and you can taste the freshness. Challenge is the only dairy company that controls the entire process, beginning with the milk.
How to Make this Cheesy Cornbread Recipe
The first ingredient for this cornbread is cream cheese. The cream cheese gives the corn bread a very moist base.
But why stop there? I added in some cheddar cheese because more is more!
Another fun spin on this is adding in 2 types or corn… kernels AND creamed corn. If corn is fresh and in season, you could even use it fresh off the cob!
And for ease of preparation I used a box corn bread mix to speed things along.
Just spread the batter into a 9×13 pan…
And you know I added a little more cheese on top.
When it’s cooled you can cut it into pieces…
Creamy Cheesy Cornbread is a delicious cross between cornbread and corn casserole that you can eat with your hands! It’s the perfect side dish for a barbeque!
- 4 ounces Challenge Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box corn bread mix
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix cream cheese until smooth on medium speed. Add in the milk, eggs, and seasoned salt and continue mixing until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in the corn and creamed corn. Add the in the corn bread mix and mix until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the grated cheese.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until center is set.
- Allow the cornbread to cool completely and cut into pieces.
store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 320.7 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 28.5 mg
Want To Save This Recipe?
* I have partnered with Challenge Dairy on this post. Challenge is a brand that I have worked with for many many years and I am happy to use their products in my kitchen. All opinions are my own.