These sweet Dirty S’mores Cookies are simple, chewy and coated in graham cracker crumbs to make them a little “dirty”!
Did you know that August 10th is National S’mores Day? It’s true. It is.
Did you also know that August 10th is my birthday. Coincidence? I think not.
Isn’t it crazy these days how every single day is National “Something” Day. Did you know July 3rd is National Compliment Your Mirror Day. No really. Really. Google it.
Also, might I just say that August is National Eat Dessert First month. Which I have to say is CRAZY, because the subtitle of my book is Always Eat Dessert First. It’s like the universe KNOWS ME!
So since I was born on National S’mores Day and also born in National Eat Dessert First month I feel like my life finally makes sense. Thank you to the folks who invent these holidays. I like it.
Except for the person who invented March 3rd’s holiday. Creepy man.
But back to these cookies. These are a spin on my Dirty Chocolate Chip Cookies that I love so much. When I made them I got a message from a reader that I should switch the recipe a little and make a s’mores version. Well, you guys are smart indeed.
The cookie dough itself is very simple. I used the Jet Puffed Mallow Bits in these. I am mildly obsessed with the little dehydrated mallows. I find them at Target and Walmart pretty easily.
Let the dough chill for at least an hour so. It’s easier to handle when it’s chilled.
Meanwhile pulverize some graham crackers, you’ll need about a cup of fine crumbs…
Then scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough of roll it into a ball.
Coat the cookie dough ball in graham cracker crumbs and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
When they’re baked they will look gorgeous and crackly…
We all loved these cookies so so much! Have a great National S’mores day!!Print
- 1 cup butter, cold cubed
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 ( 3 ounce) container Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6–7 full sheets pulverized)
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together on medium high speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, yolk, vanilla, salt and baking soda and continue mixing for 1 more minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- With mixer still on low add in the chocolate chips and Mallow Bits until evenly incorporated.
- Cover the dough and chill it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Place the ball into the graham cracker crumbs and coat evenly.
- Place the dough onto the baking sheet 2- inches apart and bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.