Double Chocolate Mocha Cookies are brownie-like cookies…thick and soft, flavored with just the right amount of mocha flavor and loaded with milk chocolate chunks.
So it’s DAY 2 in our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies and if you missed Day 1, check out my 3 Ingredient Shortbread Recipe. It’s not one you want to miss!
Let’s talk about today’s recipe. I will be the first to admit, that as much as I love…ok, NEED…my coffee every morning, I’ve never been a huge fan of anything coffee, or mocha flavored. I don’t claim to make sense. But what I’ve found is that I guess I haven’t really given “mocha” a fair shot. I will assume it’s a food preference that carried over from childhood when I didn’t like coffee at all. And since we all know kids aren’t the best food judgers, I decided to give mocha a second chance.
These Double Chocolate Mocha Cookies are pretty fantastic. The coffee flavor is subtle, so you taste it a little bit, but it’s not overpowering. I think that’s the trick…the perfect amount of coffee flavor. Even my kids (who hate coffee) love these! I use instant coffee granules to amp up the chocolate flavor and give them just enough “something extra” to be interesting.
These cookies are the soft, thick, and loaded with milk chocolate chunks. The milk chocolate breaks up the flavors of the dark cocoa powder and the coffee. If you prefer a semi-sweet chocolate chunk, go for it!
Stay tuned for another great cookie recipe tomorrow!Print
Soft, brownie-like cookies, loaded with milk chocolate chunks with the perfect balance of mocha flavor. Perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee.
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter cubes until it’s smooth, about 1 minute. Add in both sugars and continue mixing on medium speed for 2 more minutes until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of your bowl as necessary.
- Next add in the cocoa powder and coffee granules until evenly mixed.
- With the mixer still on medium add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl making sure everything is incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Finally stir in your milk chocolate chunks.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared cookies sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are set. Centers might seem under-cooked, this is ok.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet.
I buy milk chocolate and chop it into chunks for these cookies. You can also use semi-sweet chocolate if you prefer.
You can also use regular cocoa powder, instead of the dark cocoa powder if you prefer.
Want To Save This Recipe?
Follow along as we bake through 12 Days of Christmas Cookies!
Day 1: 3 Ingredient Shortbread