My morning went a little something like this…
I woke up mad because I had a dream that I was married to Prince William and he left me for a woman who could tie a cherry stem with her tongue.
Of course that made me angry at my REAL husband for being a man. “YOU ARE ALL PERVERTS!”, I yelled at him.
He had no idea what was going on, but just shrugged in agreement.
I made a cup of coffee and clicked on the morning news, only to discover that the White House crasher wife, Michaele Salahi left her husband for a guitarist from the band Journey. I don’t know what to make of that piece of information, but it was a lead story on Good Morning America. So it MUST be important.
Next I saw that Toddlers and Tiaras is still a show. Like as in STILL ON TV. I am horrified by the fact that people watch that.
Then my 8 year old gave me a one-arm hug as he ran to catch the bus. Like a cool-guy hug. Not an, “I’m gonna miss you so much today, Mom.”
Finally I saw that the Kardashians have started a clothing line. It’s heavy on jumpsuits and leopard. They are selling it at Sears…which makes me scratch my chin.
Anyway, it’s been a weird morning so far…
and it’s getting even weirder because I am posting a dessert with fruit. Which I am sort of fundamentally against. But these are acceptable because you can eat them with your hands.
AND they have frosting. So yeah, I accept you fruit. This time.
Apple Toffee Blondies.
Now, go on, eat your fruit.
- ⅔ cup room temperature butter
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup peeled, chopped tart apple (1 large)
- ½ cup toffee bits
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 9×13 baking pan lightly with cooking or baking spray.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium until combined.
- On low, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples and toffee bits until evenly distributed.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes until the center is set.
- Let cool completely before slicing or frosting.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add brown sugar and milk and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in powdered sugar with a whisk.
- Let cool until it thickens enough to spread.
- Stir before spreading on top of blondies.
- Let frosting set for 30 minutes and then cut into bars.