Apple Toffee Blondies are JAM PACKED with sweetness. From the buttery, apple blondies, studded with toffee bits, to the brown sugar frosting, these are always a huge hit!
This recipe as been a classic on my site for so many years. I wanted to give the photos a little spruce up, but I left the recipe EXACTLY the same. Sometimes things are just perfect as-is!
It’s September, which means apple vibes are in full effect. BUT I have to say that I am an apple girl all year long. Certainly they’re in abundance this time of year, but I don’t discriminate when it comes to my sweet treats. That would be wrong.
And the great thing about this recipe is you can make it like I show here…with tart apple pieces and toffee bits inside a buttery blondie, topped with a rich and sweet frosting…OR you can leave out the toffee bits, if that isn’t your thing…or even leave off the frosting!
Personally, I am a frosting girl, but I have made these and dusted them with a little powdered sugar and they were still amazing. The frosting is just an added bonus for those of us with a serious sweet tooth!
This is a straight forward recipe. The hardest part is chopping your apples.
Now, go on, go get your daily fruit serving.
I know you will love these as much as I do!
And don’t forget to post your pictures on social media to use #cookiesandcups so I can find you!
- ⅔ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup peeled, chopped tart apple (1 large)
- ½ cup toffee bits
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9×13 baking pan lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking powder and continue mixing until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples and toffee bits until evenly distributed.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes until the center is set.
- Let cool completely before slicing or frosting.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add brown sugar and milk and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in powdered sugar with a whisk and let cool until it thickens enough to spread.
- Let frosting set for at least 30 minutes and then cut into bars.