I think I have said this before here, but cheesecake is my most favorite thing.
Well, I mean, my most favorite dessert.
Ok, fine, my most favorite thing.
Anyway, since making cheesecake ISN’T my most favorite, I have had to simplify the process.
Survival of the fittest and all that.
So these bars are not only cheesecake. I’ve managed to include some of my other favorite things in here too, resulting in a simple, yet still over-the-top dessert.
And it’s a bar, so you can eat it with your fingers.
We are all winners today.
It’s the perfect place for cheesecake to rest it’s weary head.
While your crust is baking mix up your cheesecake filling…
Brown sugar? Check.
Toffee bits? Check.
When your crust is just golden, pull it out of the oven…
and spread your cheesecake on top…
Only if you want to.
Drizzle caramel all up over that bad boy…
And then get all crafty and swirl it…
Then bake it a little longer.
It will look like this when it’s done…
- ¾ cup butter, room temp
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup toffee bits (Bits O' Brickle)
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and light brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour, mixing until blended.
- Press into the bottom of a ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- While crust is baking combine cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add in eggs and beat until evenly combined.
- Stir in Toffee Bits.
- Pour over baked crust and spread evenly. Drizzle caramel topping over the cheesecake filling and using a knife swirl into the cheesecake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set.
- Cool completely, and then refrigerate until ready to serve.