So you guys.
I love it.
It’s written by the sweet Shaina Olmanson who also happens to write the site Food For My Family, which is great!
Since it’s the holiday season and everyone is gifting sweet treats, there hasn’t been a more perfect time to get the Desserts in Jars and invest in some sweet jars (HERE are the ones I use for most recipes in the book).
While I was flipping through the pages of the book I came across the fun recipe for “Campfire Bars”…
While everyone else is giving cookie trays, I thought it would be fun to give a jar with all the ingredients for a sweet treat that my friends could make when they weren’t being inundated with already made treats.
So that’s what I did.
And while “Campfire Bars” sound all outdoorsy and camp-ish, I guarantee you they are not. You bake these inside your warm home with your oven. No campfire needed.
I mean, if you want to eat them BY a fire, well, that’s totally your choice…and I think a nice fire in the fireplace would work perfectly well!
So back to my bars.
All you ‘ll need is a 1 quart jar (like THESE)
Just layer your ingredients…
Also, you can attach a cute label on the top of the jar, or on your ribbon with the directions.
Shaina has some already made labels for these HERE.
Giving this as a gift along with the Desserts in Jars book would make such a sweet hostess gift!
So I decided, just for quality control I needed to make the bars.
I’m a good friend like that.
And the thing about these bars is they couldn’t be simpler. All you have to add to your ingredients is melted butter.
Spread it into your pan and bake. That’s it.
makes 1 jar mix, enough to make 16 bars prepared
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers, chopped into 1 inch squares
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips (I used Hershey’s Baking Kisses
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Layer all ingredients in a 1 quart jar in order they are listed. Seal with a lid.
- To make bars, mix all ingredients with a bowl with 8 tbsp of melted butter.
- Spread in an 8×8 baking pan and bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
recipe adapted from Desserts in Jars
Want To Save This Recipe?