These Cookie Dough Krispie Treats are super simple, no-bake and ridiculously yummy! All my favorite things in one place!
Oh hello there.
So today in the middle of oven season I am turning the dang thing off. Oh yeah you heard me.
I’m such a punk.
But you know, in my world my oven is pretty much always on 365, so the day I don’t use it is kinda-sorta magic. And let me do-tell you that these bars are VERY magic.
Honestly I had to check back through my archives to make sure I had never made these before…sometimes I make something.. like get all the way through making and taking pictures and realize that DUDE, YOU MADE THIS 3 YEARS AGO ALREADY AND WROTE A POST ABOUT THEM! Bah.
That situation has happened (more than once) and it’s basically the most annoying situation EVER. Anyhow, when I went back through the archives and realized I HADN’T had cookie dough and krispie treats dance the samba. Best day ever!
So I figured that here in December, when everyone is all bakey-bakey, I say shake your fist at the oven and let him/her know you can do it au naturale-ish.
Also Cookie Dough + Krispie Treats. The end.
So y’all. Let’s just do this real quick, because these Cookie Dough Krispie Treats are super simple and are pretty much no brains necessary, which here in the middle of December works best for me.
First just make your krispie treat layer. I made a version of my Perfect Rice Krispie Treat Recipe..only a “version”, because the reason that recipe is so stand alone perfect is of it’s ooey, gooey factor. And with this recipe, I wanted the krispie treat base to be a bit sturdier, and less gooey. So basically I used less marshmallows.
Yeah, make the krispie treats and set those aside.
Next up whip up a batch of simple egg-free cookie dough! This stuff..omg.
Spread that all up on your base layer.
Now, let’s take it to the next level and make a milk chocolate ganache to pour all up on there.
Chill the whole she-bang for a bit in the fridge to set the chocolate and then you have this…
Dang-a-dilly. These will be your new BFF.
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 cup Challenge butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 oz chopped milk chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Once melted add in marshmallows, stirring continuously until they are melted. Immediately remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Once the cereal is completely combined with the melted marshmallow, spread into pan and press evenly. Set aside while you're making your cookie dough.
- Beat butter and both sugars until combined. Add in milk, vanilla and salt and mix until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour until incorporated. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough over the krispie layer.
- Chop milk chocolate and place in a heat safe bowl.
- Heat heavy cream until very hot and steaming, but not boiling. Pour hot cream over the milk chocolate and allow to sit for 1 minute to melt and soften the chocolate. Then stir the mixture until chocolate is completely melted. Allow chocolate to sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly and then pour on the cookie dough layer. Spread the chocolate to the edges of the pan and refrigerate for 2-30 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares.
But if you need to, store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.