This post was written on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc but as usual all opinions are 100% my own.
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are so easy to prepare, spicy, cheese and crazy delicious!
Today’s recipe is fairly epic. There are few foods in the world that I can resist less than a grilled cheese. I feel like you understand. I grew up on grilled cheese sandwiches made with sharp white cheddar cheese that we had sent in from a little cheese shop in upstate New York. It was an indulgence that my grandfather insisted upon. But I am no grilled cheese snob, believe that.
However, when I see the occasion to elevate a grilled cheese I grab hold and don’t let go.
My husband was shopping at Walmart last week and saw the Tyson® Gluten Free Chicken Breast Nuggets and Tyson® Multi-Grain Fillets. My youngest son is a breaded chicken fanatic, so we try to keep options in our freezer at all times.
He snapped this picture asking if he should pick up a few bags. Of course I said yes, knowing that the kiddo would love them and I love that because chicken is an excellent source of protein and there are no preservatives in these Tyson® products!
But I started thinking about how I could use the chicken in a quick and easy weeknight meal, and instantly I thought, “Grilled Cheese!”
I used the Tyson® Multigrain Breaded Chicken Fillets, but you could use the Tyson® Gluten Free Nuggets as well! Love that the fillets have more meat but still have that same breaded taste!
The method is simple. Just bake the chicken according to the package directions…
Of course you are going to need cheese. You can use any kind of cheese you prefer, but I use Colby Jack…it’s creamy and mild which really lets the chicken shine through!
Use a sturdy bread that will hold up to the chicken…I used a rye bread that I had in my pantry!
You are just going to dip your chicken fillets, strips or nuggets right in some hot sauce and then assemble the sandwiches…
Bread, cheese, chicken, more cheese and bread.
Toast the sandwiches in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden…
And enjoy! The chicken is FANTASTIC in these!
Love how this is a simple yet special weeknight dinner.Print
- 2 Tyson® Multi-Grain Fillets
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 4 slices of sturdy bread, like sourdough or rye
- 8 ounces Colby Jack cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Bake the chicken according to the package directions.
- Heat the hot sauce in the microwave or on the stove top until warm.
- When the chicken is baked dip each fillet into the hot sauce and set aside.
- Divide the cheese into 4 equal parts. Place 1/4 of the cheese on one slice of bread. Top the cheese with a chicken fillet. Top the chicken with another 1/4 of the cheese. Top the cheese with bread. Repeat this process on the remaining sandwich.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-low. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the warm skillet. Plac ethe sandwiches into the skillet and toast the bread for 4-5 minutes on each side until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden.
- Serve immediately.
For more dinner ideas check out Tyson’s Pinterest Board!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.