Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bread is an easy weeknight meal or delicious appetizer! Your guests will go crazy for this…not only is it packed with flavor, it’s a fun presentation!
Ok, I know I haven’t reinvented the wheel here. Buffalo Chicken Dip is officially the Chocolate Lava Cake of desserts. Everyone loves it, but it’s certainly not revolutionary.
I’m here today to say I officially give zero cares to what is trendy or what isn’t. Cupcakes…still love ’em. Ranch dressing….gimme all of it. Iceberg Lettuce…crunch for days. You get the idea.
So while Buffalo Chicken Dip has been done every which way, I think that scooping out some bread and stuffing it with dip, topping it with more cheese and baking it again is the best way. Obvi.
Now you can make this in Italian bread too, which is good, but since a loaf of Italian bread is generally bigger (and less sturdy) than French the filling to bread ratio is thrown off. You have to have the right amount of bread to filling. It’s basically science.
Just simply make your Buffalo Chicken Dip on the stove top…
Cut off the tops of bread, creating a little boat and fill it with the warm dip…
Now clearly you need to top this with more cheese.
Then pop it under the broiler to melt the cheese!
Of course I recommend drizzling some extra Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing on top…and maybe add some cilantro if you’re feeling fancy.
Then slice it into pieces! You can cut them thin if this is an appetizer, or sandwich sized if this is a meal!
These are a guaranteed crowd pleaser!Print
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Buffalo Wing sauce (I used Frank’s)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 cup grated cheddar cheese (or cheddar blend), divided
- 2 French Baguettes
- Optional garnish – fresh cilantro, blue cheese crumbles, ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to broil. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot combine the chicken, cream cheese, Buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, paprika, cumin, and salt. Cook over medium-low heat until the cream cheese is melted and mixture is hot, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile cut the tops of the baguettes, using a serrated knife, hollowing out the inside, leaving the sides of the bread intact, like a canoe. Discard the tops of the bread. You may need to halve your bread to fit on your baking sheet, depending on the size of your loaves, this is fine.
- Once the chicken mixture is warm, add in all of the blue cheese and 1 cup of the grated cheese, stirring to combine. Cook for an additional 2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Using a spoon fill the hollowed out bread with the chicken mixture. Top with the remaining cup of cheese and place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh cilantro, more blue cheese crumbles and drizzle with ranch dressing if desired.
- Slice into pieces and serve warm.
Want To Save This Recipe?