It’s January…you may think cookies were so last month. Spoiler alert! They aren’t. They are as now as now can be…especially when you mix in all sort of oats, raisins and of course a little chocolate.
Cowgirl Cookies are a spin on the super popular “Cowboy” Cookie. I’ve made a few girly tweaks…like hello colorful M&M’s and goodbye nuts…and oh yeah let’s add a little white chocolate while we’re at it.
They’re as big as a lady’s hand and packed with sea salt nuggets and brown sugar. I have to say, these are really outstanding cookies.
I used M&M’s Minis in these to make them cute.
And hold your opinions on raisins please. I know there’s a whole big bad world out there who like to raisin-hate, but they are necessary in these cookies. The salty bits with the raisins are freaking fantastic. Just try it please!
And like I said, salty nuggets… I use coarse sea salt. The larger bites of salty/sweet throughout is the defining factor in these beauties.
How gorgeous is that dough?
Use your big cookie scoop…a whole 3 tablespoons.
And they really do bake to perfection. The outside is slightly crispy, the inside totally chewy. It’s everything a granola bar wishes it could be.
This makes a pretty large batch, so you can be snacking on these most of the week!
You could even freeze them for to eat later!Print
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks)
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chips
- 1 cup mini M&Ms
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and both sugars together on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the baking soda, salt and flour until incorporated.
- Next add oats and coconut slowly.
- Finally mix in the chocolate chips, white chips, M&M’S and raisins until evenly combined. Batter will be thick.
- Using a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and tops are just set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack rack to cool completely.
store airtight for up to 5 days