So I am a little obsessed with Pop Culture.
I get anxiety if my Entertainment Weekly is not delivered on Fridays. I read Perez Hilton.
I. Watch. The. Hills.
The DVR has become an indispensable electronic in our house. When everyone else is in bed it becomes my late night friend.
Yes, I am tuning into Jersey Shore and all its fist-pumping glory, American Idol (Pants on the ground anyone?) and the latest season of Celebrity Rehab. Dude, did you SEE Heidi Fleiss? Ouch.
My obsession doesn’t end with TV, though…it’s extended to all forms of Pop Culture: clothing, food and “As Seen on TV“. I know, right?!? Who could live without the PedEgg or cha-cha-cha-Chia?
My ipod is filled with a strange mix from Barbara Streisand to Eminem…and I have been know to nod my head like “yeah” on more than one occasion.
My husband doesn’t really subscribe to any of this…he would rather be watching “Apocalypse Week” on the History Channel than marveling over Kate’s new hair extensions. (You know what I’m talking about).
Yes, pop culture is a form of escapism. I’m not afraid to admit it.
Speaking of escaping…let’s all escape to a world where calories don’t exist.
Are you there yet? Ahhh, it feels good.
Now, if calories don’t exist that means I can eat an entire tray of these…
Muffins..mmmmm. Stay focused. Vanilla Bars.
Yeah, these are good. Really good. So good that when I took the first bite I literally closed my eyes and exhaled. So good that they could be a problem.
Moving my hips like “yeah” good.Print
- ½ cup butter
- 10 ounce bag white vanilla baking chips (1 2/3 cups)
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups powdered sugar sifted
- 3 Tbs butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 – 2 Tbsp of milk (until smooth spreadable consistency)
- Preheat to 350
- Spray 9×9 pan with cooking spray
- In medium sized saucepan melt the butter and white chips over low heat. Stir pretty constantly so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- When melted it will appear a bit curdled…this is okay. Remove from heat.
- Now add all the other ingredients into the saucepan and stir until combined and smooth.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for approx 25-30 minutes until set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and then frost.
recipe only slightly adapted from Recipe Girl
I will enjoying these tonight as I tune in to The Bachelor while wearing my Snuggie…