These simple Pull Apart Pizza Sticks are an easy dinner or fun appetizer. The kids will love to help you make these!
I am all about an easy dinner.
Especially one that my kids won’t groan or gag at.
Last night we made red beans and rice and my little guy took one bite of the beans and started gagging at the table.
Such a nice reaction to the the meal I spent the last HOUR preparing.
It’s those precious moments that I need to remind myself that I am supposed to love them ALL the time.
My kids aren’t the pickiest eaters out there, but when something crosses their lips that they don’t enjoy, gagging seems to be their first impulse.
Nothing better than going extreme to get your point across.
Anyhow, most kids like pizza.
And most adults.
Because it’s basically the perfect food.
Which bring me to these Pull Apart Pizza Breadsticks, which are a fun spin on pizza…and can totally be used for an appetizer. Because really, a meal disguised as an appetizer is the best idea.
And THAT is why my jeans are tight.
Let’s talk breadsticks…
Also, apparently breadsticks is 2 words. Which I find super annoying. SO I’m going to continue to spell it as one. Take THAT dictionary.
Just open you a can of breadsticks and separate it into 2 equal parts, stretching the dough so it’s a little thinner.
Top that with cheese. All the cheese…
Then top that with your favorite pizza topping. In this case we used pepperoni because we aren’t creative at all.
Just make sure to chop your topping into smaller bits…
Sprinkle the cheese with your topping du jour…
Sorry. That COMMERCIAL!
OK, place your remaining breadstick sheet on top of all that and brush with garlic butter. YESSSSS…
Sprinkle parmesan cheese all over the top. Or even more mozzarella is you’re feeling cray!
Bake it up until lightly golden…
And dippity dip dip.
If you have a non-pepperoni lover in your house, aka the gagger, let’s make cheesy pull apart breadsticks instead.
Fill it with just cheese and top with more cheese and a little parsley to look pretty!
Such an easy quick meal or appetizer!!Print
makes 6 breadsticks
- 1 (11 oz) can breadsticks
- 3/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open can of breadsticks and separate into 2 equal portions. Place one portion on lined baking sheet, and stretch dough slightly, careful not to pull the perforated sticks apart.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Stretch remaining dough to match the bottom layer and place on top, lightly pinching the edges to close.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter together with the garlic powder. Brush on top of the breadsticks.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce to dip
To make the cheesy breadstick version, follow directions as stated, but omit the pepperoni, and top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle with parsley.
lightly adapted from Pillsbury