This simple Chocolate Hazelnut Layer Cake is a showstopper! It’s a simple one bowl chocolate cake, filled with a chocolate hazelnut spread and a cheesecake mousse. Everyone will love this!
So this cake.
It’s kind of everything.
Your friends will think you’re a cake supahstar if you make this.
Just don’t tell them how easy it is. Can’t blow your cover like that…it’ll stay our secret.
Because here’s the deal..I’ve basically convinced all my friends and neighbors that I am some sort of baker-girl. What they don’t know is that everything that I make is pretty much the easiest recipe ever, topped with candy and a drizzle.
The drizzle makes it fancy.
That’s my secret.
Shhh, don’t tell.
So let’s talk about this Chocolate Hazelnut Layer Cake.
And of course the drizzle.
It all starts with a one bowl chocolate cake recipe.
Told you it was simple…
Mix your dry ingredients together.
Then add your wet ingredients.
Mix it together and pour it into cake pans.
On a side note, please oh please make your own chocolate cake. It’s so much better than boxed.
Not that there’s anything wrong with a boxed cake. But, just give it a try. I swear.
While your cake is baking go ahead and make your chocolate hazelnut cheesecake mousse filling.
Yep, you heard that right.
Start with a chocolate hazelnut spread, like Hershey’s new Spreads. SO so so yummy!
Mix that together with some softened cream cheese and powdered sugar…
Then Fold in some whipped cream…
It’ll turn this gorgeous light brown color.
You’ll want your mouth to live in that bowl forever and ever.
Chill the mousse until the cake is cooled completely.
When you’re ready to assemble spread on some more of your chocolate hazelnut spread onto the base layer…
Then top that with some of your mousse. A nice big scoop. Then gently place your other layer on top.
Spread more of your mousse all over the top.
You might have a little extramousse. Don’t tell anyone.
Top that with some chocolate hazelnut candies and drizzle more spread all over that bad boy.
You might die at how gorgeous and chocolately this is.
Well, maybe not DIE-die. Just die-die.Print
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup hot water
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Candy
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 8″ round cake pans with nonstick spray. Line bottom of pans with parchment circles, cut to fit pan. Spray pan again, coating the parchment paper. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine first 6 ingredients. With paddle attachment on low, stir to combine.
- Add in remaining ingredients, one at a time with mixer still on low. Once all ingredients are mixed together turn speed up to medium low and mix for 2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly among the 2 cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with whisk attachment, beat your heavy cream until stiff peaks form, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to another bowl and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In stand mixer beat cream cheese and chocolate hazelnut spread until smooth. SLowly add in powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth and incorporated.
- Fold in reserved whipped cream.
- Level one of the cakes, so it isn’t domed. Spread 1/2 cup of the Chocolate Hazelnut Spread on top of cake.. Next spread half of the Filling mixture on top, spreading out to 1 inch away from edge of cake. Top with the other cake. Place remaining filling mixture on top.
- Microwave remaining 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread for 30-45 seconds until pourable consistency and drizzle over top. Top with Chocolate Hazelnut Candy.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
cake recipe from All Recipes
NOW, Kristan over at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen made a cake too. Also, she makes the more gorg cakes evah! Go check out her Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake. It’d be perfect for Valentine’s Day, don’t you think?