These Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter S’mores Bars from Peanut Butter Comfort by Averie Sunshine are incredible. She calls them Six Layer Cookie and Marshmallow S’mores Sandwich Bars. Either way they are amazing!
A few weeks ago I opened up my front door to a package. Now I am no stranger to the package on the front door. I consider myself a bit of an online shopping expert. But sometimes when you are such an expert internet shopper you forget about the things you buy…
That is until the box ends up on the front step.
ORRR the husband intercepts said box, which is basically the worst day of my life.
In these cases he generally stands over me while I open the box, all while I over-explain about how it was “on sale”, a “total bargain” or (my favorite) “for the children”. Anyway, when you open the box it’s like a surprise! What did I order? I can’t even remember!
It’s basically like Christmas.
But back to the box in question. I couldn’t remember ordering anything…so when I opened it up and saw that it was a copy of Averie’s new book Peanut Butter Comfort I was so super excited. Because the only thing better than opening up your boxes of online purchases, are opening up boxes that are a surprise! Love that!
Anyway, I quickly got to work choosing something to make. Because helllllooooo, the whole book is about peanut butter. You guys all know how I feel about peanut butter.
Although it was hard to decide, I chose to make her Six Layer Cookie and Marshmallow S’mores Sandwich Bars. Tis the season of the S’more. And y’all never seem to get tired of S’more-ish stuff.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Smores Bars…
I even made a quick little video to show you just how easy it is!
I made the recipe pretty much exactly as-is written. She even made a modification for those of us who want to take a short-cut and use packaged cookie dough.
Which I did.
She says in the recipe to use a rolling pin to flatten it out.
And for real you guys. The is how it will look when it’s done…
SO I waited and then I chilled it, so it would be easy to cut…
Be still my heart…
Can’t even tell you.
Super incredibly amazing. I had to get them out of the house asap, because I couldn’t be trusted.You guys need to pick up a copy of Averie’s book! It’s filled with TONS of recipes, sweet and savory, all peanut butter.
- 2 (16 oz) packages of pre-made cookie dough
- 16 oz Milk Chocolate Candy Bars (I used a little more than 3 XL Hershey Bars)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs (about 4 full crackers)
- 7 oz jar of Marshmallow fluff (1½ cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9x9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
- press 1¼ of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top the cookie dough completely with the Hershey Bars
- Spread the peanut butter on top of the chocolate using an off-set spatula or knife.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs on top of peanut butter.
- Spread the Fluff on top of the graham cracker layer. The Fluff is hard to spread, so do your best when spreading over the graham crumbs.
- Finally roll the remaining cookie dough out on a flour-dusted counter top. Place rolled dough on top of Fluff. My dough ripped, so I just pieced it on, which was totally fine!
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until top is golden.
- Allow to cool for 2 hours on a wire rack. Then transfer to refrigerator to cool for at least another 2 hours. If bars aren't completely cooled they will be far too oozy to eat.
- Cut into squares while chilled.