Oh you guys, these Death by Chocolate Chip Cookies are for serious chocolate lovers. They’re jam-packed with 3 kinds of chocolate…super thick and soft and perfect with a glass of milk!
Is it wrong to say that lately I’ve been kind of “off” chocolate?
Please love me.
Maybe it’s the warmer weather..maybe it’s the abundance of chocolate that I have consumed over the years and my body is revolting…not sure, but my taste buds haven’t been jumping for joy at the thought of a rich chocolatey treat lately.
Until last week.
You see, this year I am partnering with Imperial Sugar to create recipes for their site. It’s sort of a no brainer, because 99% of what I make contains sugar, and Imperial is the best…so…
Anyhow, they asked me to make some Death by Chocolate Cookies. And suddenly and temporarily I had the urge to create the thickest, softest, most rich chocolate cookie ever to walk the face of the earth.
Let’s see, in these cookies there is milk chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, white chocolate AND cocoa powder.
I used melted semi sweet chocolate along with the cocoa powder in the cookie dough to really amp up the chocolate-ness. Then studded it with more semi-sweet chocolate along with milk and white chips too.
You don’t need many of these guys to quench the chocolate craving, so that’s a bonus. Like an appetite suppressant cookie.
Dude, I just made an invention!
Anyhow I strongly suggest you get your chocolate arsenal together and get to baking…
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1¼ cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, melt 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth and incorporated.
- Stir in dry ingredients into chocolate mixture until dough forms.
- Finally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon drop cookie dough onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes until edges are set.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
Hop over to Imperial Sugar for the RECIPE!