This simple and creamy Nutter Butter Pie is a crowd pleaser! It can be made in advance easily and you can even sub-out the Nutter Butter Cookies for any cookie of your choice! It’s totally versatile…Cookies and Cream Pie…Thin Mint Pie…So many options!
Can you guys even believe it’s March? I literally blinked and missed February.
I think it’s because of the horrendous, never-ending winter we are having..I am trying to hibernate until it’s over.
And with hibernation comes food. You know, to store as reserves.
Unfortunately for my jeans I have been doing a lot of “hibernation eating”. It’s all very problematic.
And really, what would hibernation eating BE without pie? AmIrightoramIright?
There was this one time I was food shopping and I heard this lady on the phone saying to her friend, “I am buying all these pies because they’re on sale and gonna stock up my freezer for summer days by the pool.”
She totally said that.
Who eats pie by the pool? Isn’t pie a sweater wearing food only?
Is there a WHOLE PIE SEASON I DON’T KNOW ABOUT??
Anyhow, I am doing pie today as it was intended. In my sweat pants with sufficient muffin top.
Pie by the pool…pfft.
This Nutter Butter Pie is super simple and also totally adaptable. Not a pb fan? Do it up right with Oreos. Got extra Girl Scout Cookies? Thin Mints would be mad awesome.
Let me show you…
Start with the crust. Crush your cookies and then mix them with some butter.
Press that all into a pie pan.
Bake it for a few minutes and let it cool completely.
Next up make your filling. It’s just cream cheese, peanut butter, whipped cream and more cookies!
Also, go ahead and make your own whipped cream here. It’s better than trying to sub in Cool Whip.
Mix more crushed cookies right into the filling mixture…
And spread that all over your cooled crust.
Now, you could totally stop there, but I went ahead and made some more whipped cream. I mean, why not?
I spread that all over the filling.
THEN. I microwaved a little bit of peanut butter…just so…
Yeah, a little drizzle action never hurt anyone.
Let it chill for a few hours and BOOM. Pie.
I am a bit of Nutter Butter fan, so check out these other fun recipes I have:
- 24 Nutter Butter Cookies, crushed
- 6 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 Nutter Butter Cookies, crushed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, warmed and drizzled on top
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix crushed Nutter Butter cookies and melted butter together in a bowl.
- Press mixture into bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie pan, using the back of a glass or measuring cup if necessary to pack down.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden and set. Allow to cool completely.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat cream cheese, peanut butter and marshmallow fluff together until smooth. IN another bowl beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Stir whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Finally stir in crushed cookies. Spread this all over cooled crust.
- Beat the heavy cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread on top of cream cheese filling.
- If desired heat peanut butter for 30 seconds until it becomes "drizzle-able" and drizzle on top of whipped cream.
- Chill pie for at least 2 hours before serving.
You can use just about any cookie for this. AND you can omit the peanut butter from the filling with no problems!