Sheet Pan Fajitas are such an easy and delicious weeknight dinner idea! They’re done in under 30 minutes, packed with flavor and cook on one sheet pan together. Simple!
So ok…I don’t survive on cookies alone…even during full-on baking season!
I am ALWAYS on the hunt for easy weeknight meals, as I am sure all of you guys are too. I get stuck in such a rut, where I find myself making the same meals over and over. I will be the first to admit that sometimes “following a recipe” after a long day of work/school/LIFE is just too overwhelming. I want dinner, and I want it quick with very little thought involved.
Which brings me to my newest obsession…sheet pan dinners. The concept has been going around the internet for a while now, and I am sure in kitchens around the world for much longer. I am late to the party, I get it. But hey, I’m here now and fully on board!
So today we’re talking about Sheet Pan Fajitas…and yes I wrote a “recipe” for this, but the great thing about this particular dish, is you can TOTALLY wing it. Slice up your favorite veggies, season it with your own mix, and add chicken!
Taco Tuesday just got interesting…
I used 4 types of peppers in this one, basically because bell peppers are pretty. You could certainly use all red, all green…whatever. I did throw in a jalapeno for a little heat, but know that once the jalapenos are cooked, they lose a lot of their spice, so don’t be scared!
Full disclosure, I also sliced up half an onion too.
The trick is to cut both the veggies and the meat the same size, so everything cooks evenly!
I mixed a few of my favorite Tex-Mex spices together in a bowl…cumin, coriander, chili powder, smoked paprika…to name a few.
Mix the seasoning with a little oil and coat your sliced veggies and chicken…
Just stir it all up.
Then just spread it on a sheet pan…
And bake it all for 20-ish minutes.
I like to squeeze some fresh lime on mine when they come out of the oven. It’s a good idea.
And then get your taco on!
OR if you’re watching carbs just go at it with a fork…no tortilla required.
I hope you love these as much as we do!
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 limes
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large jalapeno
- ½ medium onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl combine paprika, coriander, cumin, salt, chili powder, and garlic powder. Add in the oil and juice of one lime and mix together. Set aside.
- On a large cutting board slice chicken into strips about ⅓- inch thick. Place in a large bowl.
- Remove the stem and seeds from all the peppers. Slice into strips the same size as the chicken. Repeat with the onion.The trick to everything cooking evenly is everything is the same size.
- Place the peppers and onions in the bowl with the chicken. Pour the seasoning mixture on top and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread everything onto the prepared pan and bake for 20 or until the chicken is cooked and the peppers and onions are soft. Turn the oven onto broil, place the sheet pan on the top rack and broil for 3-5 minutes until the peppers are lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and squeeze the juice of one lime evenly on top.
- Serve immediately.