These Creme Brulee Cookies are fantastically easy and equally delicious. Bite sized clusters of gooey creme brûlée goodness!
These cookies are a bit of a departure for me…
See, I don’t love Creme Brulee.
I am not really a fan of anything custardy or pudding-ish.
It’s the texture, man.
But after having a version of these cookies in NY last week I thought.. maybe I haven’t given creme brulee it’s fair due.
And what I’ve found is that custard in teaspoon sized amounts is good.
The perfect amount, really.
And it’s especially ok, when it’s sitting on a sugar cookie with a crackly sugar crust.
How to Make Creme Brulee Cookies
These are totally easy…
First make your simple “Creme Brulee”. I actually made a quick version using instant pudding mix. Feel free to make a from scratch version as well…OR I have seen these Instant Creme Brulee packages in the supermarket as well! They would work great!
First just make your simple sugar cookie dough, and roll it into balls…
As soon as they are baked make a small indentation in the top of the cookie…Spoon about a teaspoon dollop of the prepared creme brulee into the top of the cookie.
Then sprinkle it with your sugar. Use Sugar in the Raw or light brown sugar.
Then pop them back under the broiler for about 30 seconds until the sugar gets slightly burnt. You could also use a kitchen torch for this too! I tried it both ways!
Torch Your Creme Brûlée Cookies for Crunchy Effect
Just know that if you broil your cookies, the crunchy sugar will dissolve if left out for any length of time… if you really want the crunchy effect, torch your sugar right before serving.
Either way they still taste great!
These Creme Brûlée Cookies are fantastically easy and equally delicious. Bite sized clusters of gooey creme brûlée goodness!
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1/2 cup cold half & half
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Vanilla or French Vanilla Instant pudding
- 1/2 cup Sugar in the Raw or light brown sugar, reserved
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- Pour milk and half & half into a medium sized bowl. Add dry pudding mix and whisk together until well blended and thickened. Pour into a shallow dish and refrigerate at least 30 minutes until thick.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking sheet. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter sugar together for 2 minutes until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Add in baking powder and salt, mix well.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour, mixing until combined.
- Roll dough into 2 inch balls and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are just golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately make an indentation with a spoon in the top of the cookie.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of creme brulee in the indentation. Sprinkle with reserved Sugar in the Raw or brown sugar.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Place cookies under the broiler for approximately 30 seconds until the sugar browns and crystallizes.
- You could also use a kitchen torch to do this.
Please note that the burnt sugar topping will dissolve the longer these cookies sit, so if you would like them to have that crispy top, sprinkle with sugar and broil immediately before serving.
Store in refrigerator, airtight for up to 3 days.
Keywords: creme brulee cookie, easy cookie recipe, best cookie recipe, easy cookie recipe for Christmas, best homemade cookies, easy homemade cookies, homemade cookies, easy dessert idea