Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a a fun spin on the classic favorite!
Yep, I’m going there.
It’s barely September and I’m talking pumpkin.
I do apologize…but I just can’t help it.
You see, I never really liked pumpkin until last year…
I still can’t be bothered with pumpkin pie or anything that hard core…but pumpkin flavored stuff? I’m all over that.
And these cookies are the best of both.
There is pumpkin in them (and pumpkin pie spice), but they are still most definitely chocolate chip cookies.
Which is a major win all around.
Oh, and can I just say that I added some of these new super yummy Pumpkin Spice M&Ms to some of my cookies…just for experiment sake.. and they were perfect!
It’s a really fun adaptation if you can find them. I think they are sold exclusively at Target.
Yep, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies… Do it.
Anyhow, let’s get down to details.
I started with 3/4 cup of pumpkin…
And beat that with some butter…I added a bit of pumpkin pie spice to amp up the pumpkin-ness.
And of course chocolate chips…
These cookies don’t require any dough chilling, which is always a bonus! The pumpkin helps keep them a little “taller”.
Bake them until they are golden around the edges and the tops are just set…
They are so yummy for this time of year. Such a fun spin on your usual chocolate chip cookie!
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat the butter and pumpkin together until evenly combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Add both sugars and beat another minute.
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Beat until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour.
- Finally stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto lined baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes until centers are just set and edges are golden.
- Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to wire rack to continue cooling.
Store airtight for up to 3 days
You can also sub out the chocolate chips for M&Ms…I actually used the new Pumpkin Spice M&Ms in some of my cookies and they were fantastic!