These Puppy Chow Cookies (or Muddy Buddy Cookies) are a simple and delicious way to transform your favorite snack mix into a cookie!
Make sure to check out my Puppy Chow recipe that inspired these cookies!
Puppy Chow Cookies Are A Spin On The Classic Snack Mix!
I came up with the idea for these cookies last week…it was a moment of pure genius, I tell you.
I mean, everyone loves the snackity snack, Puppy Chow. Or Muddy Buddies..or whatever the heck you call it in your world.
Anyhow, Puppy Chow is a total 80’s snack mix… it’s Chex cereal coated in peanut butter and chocolate and dusted with powdered sugar. And I thought that totally sounded like an amazing cookie idea! What we have here is a peanut butter cookie coated in chocolate and powdered sugar, just like the mix!
All you have to do is make a simple peanut butter cookie.
Flatten the dough out before baking them…
They’ll look like this…
Then melt some peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter together.
And make a little assembly station.
Chocolate, powdered sugar and cookies.
Then dip your cookie into the chocolate…make sure to tap off ALL the excess. You only need a thin coating of chocolate on each. The chocolate might seem a little thick, so just be careful during the dipping, and tap, tap, tap. If it thickens too much, reheat the chocolate as necessary.
Or you can add in a tablespoon of butter or coconut oil and melt it in to thin it out.
Then plop it into the powdered sugar to coat…See?
And yeah…repeat that a bunch of times.
I tried shaking them in the powdered sugar in a bag, but it didn’t work so well. Let them set up before you eat them!
These will be so perfect for holiday cookie trays!
makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Add both sugars and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add in egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour.
- Portion out dough by in tablespoon amounts. Roll into a ball and then flatten to approximately 1/2 inch thick. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until golden at he edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Heat on high for 1 minute and then stir until smooth.
- Place powdered sugar in bowl.
- Dip each cookie in chocolate and using a fork remove cookie, tapping off excess chocolate. You don’t need a lot of chocolate coating on the cookies.
- Immediately dip the cookie into the powdered sugar and toss to coat completely.
- Place back on cooling rack to until chocolate is set. Repeat for all cookies.
store airtight for up to 3 days.
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: