So, I was told to “act my age” this morning.
The disher of the advice was my 7 year old son.
He told me this as I was playing air guitar.
That’s normal, right?
Air guitar in the morning?
It’s a strange phenomenon when you go from being the only girl in your son’s eyes, to a clear and major embarrassment. It happens overnight. Watch out.
My air guitar riffs might be the cause of this embarrassment, but there was a day when he would come over and play bass to my lead.
ANNDD the other day I went up to his school and he pretended he didn’t know me.
It was a sad day.
Sad day, indeed.
But I know he will come around. Because I make him treats.
And I will hold them over his head…
“No cupcakes unless you kiss your mother..in public”
“No cookies unless you hold my hand when we cross the street”
…you get the idea.
I’m not above it. I have to use what I’ve got.
And it’s worth it.
So while on my mission to “embrace the immature” I will share with you what I ate for dinner…err..dessert last night.
Because you never get too old for a krispie treat…right?
I gave these an Easter spin, because of the upcoming holiday, but please decorate with whatever candy you most enjoy!
The recipe is super simple and can be made in minutes! It’s a great recipe to get your kids involved with!
*Here’s my fave krispie trick…spray one side of a sheet of waxed paper with cooking spray and press krispies into pan. Works AWESOME!
Press evenly over pizza pan.
Now top with your favorite frosting.
Top with your favorite candies!
Slice it up.
Now excuse me while I go fill the gaping hole my son ripped in my heart with Rice Krispie Pizza. It has to be done.
Rice Krispie Treat Pizza
Author: Cookies & Cups
- 8 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 4 cups Fruity Pebble cereal
- ½ cup butter
- 2 (10.5 oz) bags mini marshmallows
- 1 (7oz) container of Marshmallow creme
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Peeps and M&Ms to decorate
- Prepare 16″ round pizza pan by spraying lightly with nonstick spray
- Over low heat melt your butter in a large sauce pan (I used my 8qt pot)
- When the butter is melted add your marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- When the marshmallows are melted remove from heat.
- Stir in both your cereals until combined.
- When combined transfer to your prepared pizza pan.
- Beat together your marshmallow cream and butter until smooth.
- Slowly add in your vanilla and powdered sugar and continue mixing for 1 minute on medium speed until combined and smooth.
- Spread the frosting onto your pizza and decorate with the Peeps and M&Ms