This over the top Pizookie recipe is gooey, sweet and perfect for sharing!
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1 (11- ounce) bag soft caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup milk
- optional – 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10- inch skillet with butter, or nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add flour, mixing for 30 seconds, or until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and crushed pretzels. Set the dough aside.
- Place the caramels and milk in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30- second increments, stirring after each until the caramels are melted and smooth.
- Press 2/3 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared skillet. Pour the caramel evenly on top, doing your best to keep it away from the edge.
- Scoop out the remaining dough by the tablespoon and flatten each portion, placing it evenly on top of the caramel. Some of the caramel will peek through, this is ok.
- Bake for 25- minutes, or until the edges are golden. The top will be just set, but slightly wobbly.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Allow the pizookie to cool for 20 minutes in the pan before serving. Eat right out of the skillet, or scoop into bowls and top with ice cream!
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, pizookie, salted caramel, chocolate chip cookies, skillet cookie, pizookie recipe