Southwestern Quinoa Salad is delicious, easy and a healthy dinner or side option! It’s also a Vegan recipe when using the new Hellmann’s Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread. This post is in partnership with Mirium Shopper.
Ok, I know you’re thinking this whole situation might be a little off-brand here on my mainly butter and sugar website…but stay with me.
It is true that I exist on actual food as well as sweet treats. I know, it’s hard to believe. And let me further blow your mind by letting you know salads actually are one of my favorite main-dish foods.
Are we still friends? Please say yes.
I am a sucker for just about anything with a Tex-Mex spin on it, so today’s recipe is right up my alley. We have avocado, black beans, corn, tomato, cumin…and yes…Vegan Mayo.
Of course you can use regular mayo too…but I am here today to say that this Hellmann’s Vegan Dressing & Sandwich Spread tastes exactly like regular mayo.It has the same rich, creamy taste, but it’s eggless, cholesterol free—with 10g of fat per serving- and made with non-GMO sourced ingredients. AND I know some of you reading this are vegan, because you ask me questions a lot on how to adapt my recipes to be vegan-friendly.
Also, please note that if you are a Target shopper you can use your nifty Cartwheel app and get 20% off! Everyone is a winner today…vegans, Target shoppers, people who like Tex-Mex…
I riffed on an existing recipe on the Hellmann’s site to suit my tastes. I know you guys will like this so so much. It’s the perfect lunch salad, or even a light dinner!
Again, don’t forget to use the Target Cartwheel offer to get 20% off until February 29th!Print
Southwestern Quinoa Salad
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: serves 4
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread
- juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small sauce pot bring broth and quinoa to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, hot sauce, salt, garlic powder, and cumin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled quinoa, black beans, avocado, tomato, and cilantro. Pour the mayonnaise dressing on top and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or allow to chill for the flavors to com together.
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
I have partnered with Mirium Shopper. All opinions are my own.
10 comments on “Southwestern Quinoa Salad”
Do you know how much protein is in this salad?
Is there corn in the recipe? I see corn in the picture, but not in the ingredients.
There is corn in the recipe 🙂 1 cup. It’s listed right above the black beans.
This is REALLY tasty! Thanks for sharing.
Chicken stock is still in the directions.
Looks like a great recipe but it isn’t Vegan using chicken stock. It will need to be a vegetable stock to make it vegan.
you are correct! I get so used to typing chicken stock I mis-typed here! All fixed!
still says chicken stock in the directions. you only fixed in the ingredients list. just an fyi
Please check the directions. It still says chicken stock.
This salad looks diffrent from others that I have tasted. I can try this and tell you what will I like or not about it.