These Strawberry Sweet Cream Rolls are soft, gooey and loaded with strawberries!
I am all about an ooey-gooey breakfast roll. Generally my interests usually reside somewhere inthe middle of a huge Cinnamon Bun dripping with sugar icing…but these days I have a new rolled up friend.
Her name is the Strawberry Sweet Cream Roll and oh yessss, she’s a good one.
Obviously these rolls are sweet, gooey and packed with flavor, but they’re also loaded with Strawberry Cream Cheese which makes them a roll/danish hybrid situation. AND they all start with a simple can of crescent roll dough to make the process a whole heck of a lot easier.
AND using Strawberry Cream Cheese amps up the strawberry-ness huge time. Challenge Dairy now has Strawberry Cream Cheese which makes me super excited because you guys know how I love Challenge Butter!
Of course I added in some fresh diced strawberries. Just coat them with some cornstarch to keep the mixture thick.
Just mix the cream cheese with a bit of sugar, vanilla and all strawberries and spread it on the crescent dough…
Roll it up and then wrap it in Cling Wrap and chill it for at least 2 hours.
When you’re ready to bake these beauties slice them carefully and place them in a greased baking dish…
Soon enough they will look like this…
And it would be wrong not to top them with icing.
Serve them warm for maximum gooey-ness.
If you guys like this recipe you might also like my Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Breakfast Cookies!Print
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 8 ounces Challenge Strawberry Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8-ounce) tube seamless crescent roll dough
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium bowl mix together the diced strawberries and cornstarch until coated. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Stir in the strawberry mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and stretch it slightly so it’s evenly rectangular.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the dough leaving about an inch at the edges. Roll the dough up as tightly as you can into a log and wrap it in Cling Wrap. Refrigerate this for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C
- Spray an 8 cup baking dish with cooking spray.
- Unroll the dough from the cling wrap and slice the log into 1 1/2 inch slices. Place the rolls into the pan and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour the glaze on the warm rolls.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat before serving.
Please note you can use any brand of Strawberry Cream Cheese in this recipe.
Want To Save This Recipe?
*This post is part of my ambassadorship with Challenge Dairy. I have been using their products for the past few years and they are fantastic. All opinions are my own.