These White Chocolate Lemon Blondies are ridiculously amazing! So easy and delicious! My new favorite!
I am going to tell you that these bars are ridiculous. Honestly one of my new favorites…which is annoying because I feel like I have been saying that a lot lately…
Like if everything is a favorite then nothing’s a favorite, I mean right? You can’t favorite EVERYTHING!
But these really are. A favorite, I mean. Maybe my most favorite…I mean for today.
The unfortunate thing about these bars, though, is that no one else who resides in my home likes lemon baked stuff. But they DO, however like lemonade. And lemon candy. And, oh yeah, raw lemons.
Which basically makes no sense. Except here’s the even MORE annoying thing…I don’t like lemonade. Or lemon candy. Or even lemons, really. But baked goods with lemon? BRANG IT!
So basically my family and I are all backwards lemon weirdos. Anyway. These bars rocked my Sunday afternoon.
White Chocolate Lemon Blondies.
They go together with just a few steps. Love a completely non-complicated dessert!
Just make your batter and add in some white chocolate…
Spread about half of it in a lined pan…
Then grab a whole jar of lemon curd.
Why oh why do they call it curd. It’s annoying and gross sounding.
But it’s delicious.
Drop that by tablespoons all over…
The whole jar, guys.
Then smear the rest of the dough all over the top.
And give it a swirly.
Then bake it up. Let it cool completely before cutting into squares…or even removing it from the pan.
All that curd in there makes it loosey-goosey. So be patient.
makes 20-25 bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1, 10 oz jar lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine butter and both sugars. Cream together for 4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the dough into prepared pan.
- Top with lemon curd, dropping by the tablespoon equally over dough.
- Spread remaining dough on top of the lemon curd evenly.
- With a knife, swirl the dough and lemon curd together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges are golden and bars are just set up. Don’t over-bake.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- When ready to cut into squares, remove bars from pan by lifting foil.