So this cake happened today.
Like realllly happened.
I started it.
I went to the pool and watched my kids do 40 million cannonballs.
I came home.
And waiting for me was a cake.
In a crock pot.
This is, in fact, real life.
And there are peanut butter cups involved.
Because I love you.
And after you eat this cake you will love me too.
Crock Pot Peanut Butter Cup Cake.
Did you hear me? IN A CROCK POT!
I’m caking like it’s 1983.
Just mix up your ingredients.
And since we’re in the 80’s, let’s start with a cake mix.
Then put it in your crock.
What a crock it is.
And wait a bunch of hours.
I suggest you get on with your life during this time.
Watching the crock pot work is a losing battle, folks.
- 1 (18.25 oz) pkg chocolate cake mix
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 (3 or 4 oz) pkg of instant chocolate pudding mix any size will be fine
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups, or 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Spray crock pot with non stick spray. I used my 8 qt crock pot.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour in crock.
- Cover and cook on low for 6½-7 hours until center is set.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Also, the cake is very loose, more like a pudding-cake.