These Dirty Chocolate Chip Cookies are super soft chocolate chip cookies loaded with Oreo bits and ROLLED in Oreo dust! LOVE these!
I never get tired of a chocolate chip cookie variation. Nope, never. And I feel like since we’re friends, you might feel the same way.
Also, is it even a thing to be like, “no more chocolate chip cookie please?”
Yeah, I didn’t think so. And really what better way to make a chocolate chip better than add Oreos?
These super fun cookies are very very easy. I made them with the same idea of that old fashioned Dirt Cake in mind…you know the one with the pudding and the Oreo dirt and gummy worms?
I’m not a huge fan of gummy worms, and I also don’t love pudding…(who even AM I?) but I do love a cookie and thought making Dirty Chocolate Chip cookies might be a fun alternative.
It was a good idea.
The hardest part is letting the cookie dough chill…which is a pretty necessary step in the process so the dough can be easily rolled into balls. I am sure you CAN do it without chilling, but the dough might be a bit sticky, so just stick to the rules.
Another part that I felt super guilty about was deconstructing the Oreo Cookies…
You have to scrape the filling out of some of the cookies to make the dust. It was a sad sad day. Originally I thought I would just eat all the cream by itself…you know not to waste it…
But who knew that the cream without the cookie isn’t that great? I feel like I have been living a lie.
When you’ve gotten over all the cream lies make your dough, chill your dough and roll your dough into balls.
Then pulverize the sad, cream-less Oreos into dust…
I used my blender to do this..you just want it to be very fine.
Next roll the balls into the dust…
And then you’re gonna bake them!
I mean, how fun are these??
And they’re equally delicious.
Hope you guys make and love these cookies as much as I did!
- 24 Oreo cookies, divided
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Coarsely chop 12 Oreo cookies and set aside. Reserve the remaining 12 for later use.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and both sugars together for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix for an additional minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and coarsely chopped Oreo cookies.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Separate the remaining Oreo cookies and scrape the cream filling from the cookie and discard. Place only the cookies in a food processor or blender and blend until they are a fine crumb. Place the cookie crumbs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and roll the dough into 2 tablespoon sized balls.
- Next roll each cookie dough ball into the Oreo dust.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
If you like this recipe you’ll love my recipe for Dirty S’mores Cookies!