These Inside Out Carrot Cake Muffins are the perfect treat for breakfast, snack time or even dessert! The cream cheese filling bursts out of the top of the muffin, making them just as pretty as they are tasty!
Muffins are pretty under-rated in my house.
The lack of frosting piled on top is a deal breaker…sometimes a streusel will solve this issue, sometimes a glaze…but generally no one ever requests muffins.
But I think I have solved the issue with these Inside Out Carrot Cake Muffins. Because Cake.
And also because there is frosting baked inside.
It’s like a hidden treasure….except the fact that the frosting begs to be seen and not heard. It peeks out of the top of the muffins while they are baking like, “Hey y’all I’m hereeeeee!
Whatever. My frosting doesn’t like to be kept on the DL…
So yeah, it’s basically carrot cake for brekkie. Done.
Also, here’s my work space. Remote Control and all.
Grate up some carrots. Dare I say there is a health factor to these?
Bake them up and they are gorgeous little breakfast cakes.
Can’t beat that.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until creamy, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar together in bowl, set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl whisk eggs, oil and water together until foamy.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and fold in the carrots.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of muffin batter into the bottom of each muffin tin. Top with i Tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and finally drop another tablespoon of muffin batter on top of that, covering the cream cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the muffins are set.
- Serve warm or room temperature