Thick and soft chocolate peanut butter cookies are almost brownie-like and loaded with peanut butter chips, Reese’s Pieces and Chocolate Chips! You can mix and match the add-ins too and make them your own.
I feel like lately I can’t stop making cookies. I’ve been trying to space out the recipes here on the website…so you don’t get…bored? Like can one really get bored of cookies?
Maybe I’m on a cookie kick…or maybe I’m in a funk? Ugh I don’t know…the weather here in NJ has been less than springy. It’s been cold and rainy and all around dreary. I am currently binge-watching Gilmore Girls, perpetually wearing sweats, AND I almost ate a day old doughnut yesterday.
Things are getting serious.
Day old doughnut serious.
But I fully expect the funk to end this week. The sun is supposed to be shining and I fully plan on putting on pants with a zipper. And I have a hair appointment.
But in the meantime, let’s all eat cookies and wonder why Sebastian Bach is hanging out with teenagers in Stars Hallow. (Yes, I am aware I am about 10 years behind on this.)
I will admit to you, chocolate cookies are never my first choice. But for the sake of all mankind and proving myself wrong I decided to go for it.
Plus, I needed an excuse to use these Mini Reese’s Pieces.
The cookie dough is simple. I used my Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder to make these a little extra chocolatey. Oh and I used some peanut butter chips AND chocolate chips.
The beauty of these cookies is you can use all peanut butter chip, all chocolate chips, all Reese’s Pieces… you get the idea. Mix it up or don’t. It’s up to you!
They bake up thick and brownie-ish.
I am telling you these are the pretty perfect chocolate cookie.
I might be swayed to the dark side. Literally.
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini Reese’s Pieces
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter cubes until it's smooth, about 1 minute. Add in both sugars and continue mixing on medium speed for 2 more minutes until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of your bowl as necessary.
- Next add in the cocoa powder until evenly mixed.
- With the mixer still on medium add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl making sure everything is incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Finally stir in your Reese's Pieces, and chips.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared cookies sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are set. Centers might seem under-cooked, this is ok.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.