I am a cheesecake girl.
Loud and proud.
Like, if I were on death row and had to pick a last meal it would start and end with cheesecake.
Not that I have thought about that possibility or anything. Whatever.
And since I am scared of making an actual cheesecake I stick with cheesecake bars.
Who doesn’t like cheesecake you can eat with your hands. I mean…
So I made eat-with-your-hands cheesecake. Actually it’s caramel cheesecake. And actually-actually it’s all on top of a brownie bottom.
Because brownie bottoms are where it’s at.
So yeah, Brownie Bottom Caramel Cheesecake Bars. Do it.
All you need to to do it whip up a brownie crust, starting with a box of brownie mix and a few other ingredients. Easy.
Then mix up your cheesecake layer, and add in some caramel sauce. See?
Pour that over the brownie situation and you’re good to go.
Bake it and drizzle more caramel. Because it’s dope to drizzle.
Did I just say that? Eww.Print
makes 32 bars
- 1 (19.5-19.8 oz) pkg Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (14 oz) jar caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Combine brownie mix, melted butter and 1 egg, stirring until smooth. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in your mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream, brown sugar, flour and vanilla until combined and smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add remaining eggs, one at a time. Finally add half the jar of caramel sauce. Eyeball it.
- Pour this over the hot crust.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes until the center of cheesecake is just set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Then refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, drizzle remaining caramel on top.
- Cut into squares.
store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.