Chocolate Chess Pie is a spin on the classic, southern pie recipe. Sweet, sugar-custard filling with the addition of chocolate on a buttery pie crust. This is a super easy pie recipe that is best served cold!
If you love making pie, make sure to check out my Pie Crust Recipe. It’s the absolute BEST!
I’ve partnered with Imperial Sugar on this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love!
Chocolate Chess Pie Is An Easy Spin On A Classic!
Adding a bit of melted chocolate into classic chess pie filling adds a unique twist to a favorite! The silky chocolate, paired with the sweet filling of chess pie works perfectly together, cutting the sweetness o touch and adding richness. If you’ve never had Chess Pie before it’s absolutely delicious, and I like to cut a slice right out of the fridge and bite right in, no fork necessary!
What Is Chess Pie?
Chess Pie is a classic southern recipe that is a version of custard pie that originated in England. The difference between Chess Pie and Custard Pie is Chess Pie includes flour (or corn meal) which helps thicken the filling and makes it a little more sturdy. Essentially Chess Pie is a sugar pie, and originated in 19th Century Virginia, according the the Washington Post. Nuts were expensive and hard to come by so this pie was created out of necessity and a sweet tooth!
l’ve partnered with Imperial Sugar on this recipe so make sure to Click Here for the full recipe and list of ingredients!
- Deep dish pie crust. You can buy a pre-made crust for this if you want to take a shortcut. The frozen kind or the kind that are sold rolled up in the refrigerated section of the supermarket work great. If you want to make your crust homemade use my Pie Crust Recipe. It’s an absolute no-fail pie crust with buttery, flaky layers!
- Eggs. Room temperature eggs are recommended for this recipe!
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Unsweetened chocolate
- All purpose flour
Here Are A few Other Pie Recipes You Might Like:
- Delicious and Easy Pecan Pie
- Fluffy Pumpkin Mousse Pie
- The BEST Apple Pie
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Marshmallow Pie
- Dutch Apple Pie
PIN for later: