These Cookie Sticks are a fantastically easy way to make a quick batch of cookies! Plus, they are perfect for dunking!!
What makes you happy these days?
It’s Spring today, which makes me happy, even though it comes hand in hand with allergy season.
A good manicure makes me pretty happy especially if glitter polish is involved.
A clean house (if even for a moment) makes me exponentially happy.
The Bachelor has finally ended which makes me all sorts of happy, but a little sad at the same time. But The Bachelorette will be starting soon, so….happy again!
Easter’s almost here which makes me happy because that means I can unabashedly decorate the house in pastel colors and not feel like I live inside an episode of The Golden Girls.
And of course cookies make me happy.
And these Cookie Sticks make me even happier because I didn’t even have to use my mixer. Just a bowl and a spoon. Happy sigh.
Here’s what you do.
Mix your wet ingredients together first. Yes, sugar is a wet ingredient, don’t ask.
I found these yummies at the store last week…White Chocolate M&Ms.
Press the M&Ms (or chocolate chips) on top before you bake.
Here’s the before and after…
Let them cool completely before eating, if you can wait!
Wanna know one more thing that makes me happy? Click here, it’s sure to put a smile on your face 🙂
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup candy coated chocolates (M&Ms) or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a bowl stir together oil, both sugars, egg and vanilla. Add in flour, baking soda and salt to mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide dough in half.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet shape each half into a 15″x3″ rectangle, about 3 inches apart.
- Press candies or chocolate chips into top of dough.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then cut into strips.
- Don’t remove from baking sheet until completely cooled.
adapted from Taste of Home Cookies