Rolo Fudge Brownies are an easy brownie recipe topped with caramel filled Rolo candy and a soft layer of homemade fudge.
Fudgy Rolo Brownies!
Sometimes you just need chocolate. And this easy brownie recipe is not only packed with chocolate, but also caramel filled Rolo Candy and caramel sauce. I am talking a full blown special-occasion brownie recipe that I know you are going to love as much as I do.
What To Expect:
- This is an easy brownie recipe with only a few ingredients, starting with a boxed brownie mix!
- I use Rolo Candy, which is milk chocolate filled caramels in this recipe, but also the addition of caramel sauce layered in between the brownies and the candy really makes these brownies ooey-gooey!
- The fudge layer on top is a quick and easy fudge recipe that melts in your mouth and can be made right in just a few minutes. Only 3 ingredients are needed for the fudge, which could also be enjoyed on its own.
Rolo Fudge Brownies Ingredients:
- Boxed brownies or homemade brownies baked in a 9×13 pan.
- Caramel sauce, like the kind you put on ice cream is fine!
- Rolo candy, I buy the unwrapped kind, which make this recipe so much easier. But of course you can buy the kind that are in the wrapper and simply unwrap them! You will be cutting the Rolo candy in half for this recipe so you have maximum caramel gooeyness!
- Sweetened condensed milk. Make sure not to use evaporated milk, you will need the thick sweet kind…like Eagle Brand.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips. You can also use chopped chocolate if you would like. OR you could use milk chocolate too, but that would add sweetness.
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Rolo Brownies:
Bake the Brownies: First off, make some brownies in a 9×13 baking pan. Use a box mix, or use my recipe for the absolutely perfect fudge brownies. They are so good. But for ease of prep, boxed are absolutely fine!
Add the Caramel: Pour you caramel sauce on top of the cooled brownies. This helps the Rolos to stay in place while also adding a gooey layer of caramel!
Add the Rolo Candy: Arrange the Rolo candy on top of that caramel layer.
Make the Fudge: Melt together the chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk in a medium pan on the stovetop. You could also do this in the microwave if you prefer, in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir, repeating until it’s smooth.
Spread the Fudge: While the fudge is warm, use an offset spatula to spread this carefully on top of the Rolo candies.
Allow To Cool: Let the fudge set up for 1 – 2 hours. This takes self control, I know!
Slice and Serve: When the fudge has set up completely, you can slice these into pieces and serve! You don’t need to cut big brownies because these are sweet. A little goes a long way! I can usually get 35-ish brownies.
How To Store Rolo Brownies:
These brownies can be stored airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Love Candy Filled Brownies? Here Are More Brownie Recipes To Try:Print
These easy Rolo Brownies are a chocolate lovers dream! Fudgy brownies layered with Rolo candy, caramel and a layer of fudge!
- 1 box of brownies, made according to package directions in a 9×13 pan
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 2 cups unwrapped Rolo candy, candies cut in half after measured
- 1 (14- ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- First make brownies according to package directions in a 9×13 pan lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. (*see note)
- Let brownies cool completely.
- Pour and evenly spread caramel sauce over brownies, it will be a very thin layer
- Spread chopped Rolos over caramel sauce
- In a medium saucepan over low heat melt sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips together.
- Once melted remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Immediately spread over Rolos using an off-set spatula.
- Let fudge set for at least 2 hours and cut into squares.
*You can make homemade brownies as well. Try my Fudgy Brownie Recipe!
Store airtight for up to 5 days.
Keywords: cookies and cups, brownies, Rolos, Caramel, brownie recipe