Sometimes you just need chocolate.
Last week there was nothing that would comfort me except chocolate…and excessive amounts of Cheese Puffs.
It was a long, sweatpants filled week.
People were stupid last week. All people.
And I bought 2, 6 packs of Reese’s Eggs “for Easter”.
Don’t pretend you haven’t done it.
Luckily it’s Sunday and last week is a memory. Not a fond memory for my husband, but definitely a memory.
While I am still in my sweatpants, I have introduced vegetables back into my diet, for which my guts said thanks.
But in the midst of my chocolate rage last week I decided to make the most chocolatey brownies in (hand sweep) all the land.
Sometimes insanity brings forth genius.
Rolo Fudge Brownies
First off, make some brownies in a 9×13 baking pan. Use a box mix, or use this yummy recipe that I love.
While I was at the store buying Reese’s Eggs “for Easter” I also came across these…
What you say? Already unwrapped Rolos? The candy gods are making it far too easy for us.
While they are called Rolo”Minis” I didn’t really see a huge difference is size, so if you can’t find them, no worries just buy regular Rolos and get your daily exercise by unwrapping 2 cups of the little devils.
Then chop them in half. Hi-yah!
Pour some caramel sauce on top of your brownies…
It will only be a super thin layer…just enough to use as Rolo glue.
Then sprinkle your chopped-in-half Rolos all over the caramel topping.
Finally make some fudge.
Chocolate chips + sweetened condensed milk.
After you have melted the condensed milk and chips together plop it on your Rolos and spread it evenly using an off-set spatula.
Now, here’s where you have to exercise self control. Let it set up for at least 2 hours.
THEN you can cut it.
It’s a beautiful thing.Print
makes approx 35 brownies
- First make Fudgy Brownies in a 9×13 pan lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- Pour and evenly spread caramel sauce over brownies, it will be a very thin layer
- Spread chopped Rolos over caramel sauce
- In a medium saucepan over low heat melt sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips together.
- Once melted remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Immediately spread over Rolos using an off-set spatula.
- Let fudge set for at least 2 hours and cut into squares.
Store airtight for up to 5 days.
If you are using a boxed brownie mix, make according to package directions, but line the pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. It will make removing and cutting much easier.