Double Fudge Olive Oil Brownies are rich and chocolatey without a hint of olive oil flavor. It’s just a fantastic alternative to using vegetable oil in brownie baking!
Here’s the thing…I don’t do fancy food so much.Not that I don’t ENJOY it…I just don’t make it. I am a regular mom, with kids that eat regular food. Also, I don’t bake fancy stuff. I haven’t ever made a souffle or used cardamom in a recipe. I make desserts with candy in them. And frosting. And chocolate chips.
Now, with all that said…I just made some brownies. And because I was trying hard to impress myself I made them as fancy as I know how. I made them with Olive Oil. And Sea Salt.
But then I brought it back down to my level and added some milk chocolate chunks. Because it can only be SO sophisticated. And because they’re brownies…and brownies are always better with more chocolate.
SO they are basically half fancy brownies…kinda like when you see those news anchor people who have on a suit and a tie behind the desk, but then when they stand up they are wearing sweat pants or jeans. Half fancy.
Now I do have to say that the idea for this came up in a time of need. I was making a boxed brownie mix, that called for vegetable oil. Well, I was out. All I had was olive oil. So I used it.
I was nervous, but low and behold it worked. Not only that, but olive oil has lots of good stuff in it, so I was making my children healthy by baking them brownies. It works that way, right? These brownies I made from scratch, but like I said before, sub in olive oil for vegetable oil in any brownie mix if your in a pinch or just want a slightly better for you brownie.
Here’s what I did…
I started with my olive oil…
I mixed up my batter in a bowl and spread it into a foil lined 8×8″ foil lined pan, that I sprayed lightly with baking spray.
Then a sprinkled some sea salt on top, which is totally optional, but it gives you a yummy sweet/salty thing.
I baked them up and let them cool completely before cutting into squares. You can taste the flavor of the olive oil a bit more when the brownies are warm.
These are perfectly fudgy brownies, that with the addition of the olive oil gives them a special or fancy quality 🙂Print
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chunks, milk or semi sweet
- *optional 1-2 Tbsp coarse sea salt fro sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray lightly with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine your melted chocolate and olive oil.
- Whisk in your eggs, sugars and vanilla until combined, and add in the flour and salt and stir until incorporated.
- Fold in you chocolate chunks.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan and sprinkle with coarse sea salt, if desired.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted 1- inch away from the edge comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.