This is a simple spin on a classic cookie! Funfetti Shortbread makes an old fashioned treat fun!
Can we talk?
Like really talk? And can I count on you to be honest with me here.
Like really honest?
Is Funfetti over?
I mean, I’ve heard that it might be over. And I feel like I’m in denial.
Because how can sprinkles be OVER?
And really does anyone want to live in a sprinkle-less world?
The answer to that is no. Unequivocally.
But isn’t a shame how we are so fickle. One day things are awesome.amazing.omgcantlivewithout.
The next day they are overplayed.donetodeath.solastyear.boring.workedout.killed.
And I fall for it every time.
Ugh. I’m sorry.
But you know what? Not this time.
Not on my watch,
Sprinkles. Sprankels. Jimmies. Jammies.
You’ve got a permanent place in my heart o hearts.
Which brings us to my latest treat. Funfetti Shortbread.
First and foremost I am obsessed with shortbread. Just call me Granny.
And since everything is cuter with rainbow sprinkles I decided Funfetti Shortbread needed to be a thing.
And of course I used my favorite sprinkles. Can’t resist Mr. Sprinkles.
I used about half a cup in this recipes. TONS!
Just press the simple batter in a lined 9×9 pan.
And here’s how it will look after it’s baked…
Make sure you bake it long enough…that’s a problem I have. I am an underbaker for life. But with shortbread, it needs to be baked properly!
You’ll have a perfectly buttery, subtly sweet shortbread! That looks cute.
makes 18 cookies
- 1 cup Challenge butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream together butter, vanilla and salt until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour, mixing until just incorporated.
- Stir in sprinkles until distributed evenly.
- Press dough into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until top is dry and lightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely and remove from pan to cut into pieces.