I’ve put together a list of everything I was loving in March that (mostly) didn’t have to do with food! If you follow me on my Instagram stories, or subscribe to my newsletter, you know that I am a shopper, a make up junkie, and the girl always on the search for the perfect pair of jeans (even when I think I’ve found them).
Let’s talk about some fun girlie stuff.
I didn’t buy a TON of new beauty stuff this month, but I did get a few things, that I wanted to share! I am really still loving the Primer Oil/Lancome foundation combo that I talked about in my January faves. I swear primer oil has been a game changer for me this winter. It provides the perfect base for my long-wearing foundations, and doesn’t leave my (dry) skin looking even drier.
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – This is a super bougie, but it’s seriously the best. My hair salon has started carrying Oribe products, and this spray is one of my most favorites that I have tried. I use it on days that I curl my hair, or on days that I pull it up in a messy bun. It adds the perfect amount of grip. Love it so much!
- Soft Glam Eye Shadow Palette – I LOVE LOVE this new eye shadow palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills. The formula is super blendable, the colors are neutral, everyday colors, but they’re still interesting and pretty. HIGHLY recommend!
- T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial – I have been on a mask kick the past few months, trying to do 2 a week. I’ve tried a few, and so far the Drunk Elephant Babyfacial is my favorite. I really really love it. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean, and not overly dry. I have been using it regularly and I really feel like it’s made a difference in the overall appearance of my skin. I wear make-up pretty much everyday, and this is really great for keeping my pores unclogged, and my skin looking brighter. It comes with a small trial size container of the Drunk Elephant Marula Oil that they recommend using after the mask. Which leads me to my next fave…
- Drunk Elephant Marula Oil – I am obsessed with this right now. I started using it after doing the Babyfacial, and now I use it every night. It is such a fantastic oil, I’ve even started using it on my hands and chest. I mean, it’s still an oil, but it absorbs pretty quickly, and leaves my skin smooth and soft. I’ve tried other beauty oils and this is above and beyond the others in my opinion.
- Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base – This is a new to me product that I’ve been using for about a month. I use it after my moisturizer, before my primer to prep my skin for long-wearing foundation. It might seem excessive to you, but a little goes a long way, and it just smooths and hydrates my skin. It’s a REALLY great product! And again, I have combo-dry skin, and the cooler weather kills my skin.
- Aqua Di Parma Peonia Nobile – I smelled this for the first time at Epcot in a perfume shop in “Italy” last December. I didn’t buy it then, but I couldn’t stop thinking about it since that trip. I am telling you it is SO lovely. I told myself on my next trip to Disney, I would splurge and buy myself a bottle. So I did, and I am obsessed. They do sell this perfume at Sephora (and I am sure other places), but I wanted to wait and get it where I first smelled it. I love buying perfumes on trips, so whenever I wear it, it reminds me of my time spent there. It’s a combo of floral, spicy, AND fruity…with a sort of ambery smell after you have it on for a minute. I don’t know how it does it, but I think this one is officially my spring into summer scent!
- Floral Kimono – I have never been a “flowy” clothing wearer. Mostly because of my body type. I think that style looks amazing on people, and I’ve tried to pull it off so many times, BUT it always just ends up making me look enormous. I think it’s because I am a “pear” shape, and carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs…so when I wear a flowy top or sweater it just adds bulk to the smallest part of my body, making me look big all over. womp womp. ANYwayyyyy, I tried this sheer floral kimono on my last visit to Loft and was pleasantly surprised! It’s super cute on, and doesn’t add bulk. I THINK it’s because it shorter, and not long like the other flowy sweater-type things I tried on. PLUS I’m not a tall person, at almost 5’3″ longer things have never looked great on me. But, I am LOVING this cute top, and can’t wait for the weather to warm up here in NJ so I can wear it more!
- Stance No Show socks – I pretty much only wear no show socks, and I’ve tried LOTS of brands. I picked these up on a whim, since my boys love Stance socks so much and I have to say that they might be the last no show brand I will ever buy. They seriously no NOT budge on my feet, which is the complaint that I imagine most people have with these types of socks. There is literally nothing worse than a sock coming down off your heel. Anyway, highly recommend these.
- 7 White Jeans – Ok, I have looked for YEARS for great white jeans. I’ve had some, and they’ve been ok, but I’ve never been ultra-confident wearing them. Some are too see-through, which is obviously no good. AND I really, really don’t like them when they have too much stretch. I know that seems opposite of everything I live for, but for me, when jeans have a lot of stretch they cling to every lump and bump my thighs have to offer. And since I’ve been blessed with lots of lumps and bumps on my thighs, I don’t try and highlight them. So almost 3 years ago I found THESE white distressed jeans from 7 For All Mankind and haven’t turned back. For my jean devotion to span 3 years, you know they’re good. Please note, these DO have a little distressing on them, so if distressing is not your thing, these might not be for you. BUT it’s pretty subtle, and just enough (imo) to make them extra cute. The picture online makes the distressing look heavier than it is in real life. I think the model is wearing a size too small 😉 They do have a little stretch, but not clingy stretch if that makes sense, and really just fit my body well. They are true to size, and a straight leg, which I think makes them a little more wearable.
- Lavender Dolan Sweater – So here we are again with a kind of “flowy” top that works on me! This one is a really thin sweater, that is oversized, but so pretty on. I have worn it so many times this month it’s embarrassing. I’ve dressed it up and down, so it’s super versatile. It is sheer, so you’ll need a tank underneath. I just love the lavender color too. It’s a great transition piece!
- Heathered Pink Sweater – Ok, obviously you can tell I had a LOFT coupon! Loft is always hit or miss for me. I can go in there for months and not see anything I like, or I go in and grab on of everything. This is another sweater that I see myself wearing throughout the rest of the spring into early summer. It’s not heavy, it’s an adorable color (I’m trying to get out of my black/grey rut) and it looks cute with jeans and leggings. I will say, it isn’t extra cozy…It’s not uncomfortable at all, but it’s not super soft like some Loft/Lou & Grey sweaters. Just an fyi.
I know you do it too…load your online shopping cart with all the things…sometimes you need to sit on things a minute before you pull the trigger. It’s a technique that saves me loads of money 😉 Most of the time I come back to things and realize I don’t want them anymore, but then sometimes I wait a few days and decide I need them in my life. Here are 4 things I am close to pulling the trigger on. Let me know what you think…do I NEED them?
- Yellow Sandals – I am so into slide sandals this year. And the bow trend that’s everywhere is too cute. I spotted these online, and I love the color (don’t have any yellow sandals) and the style is precious. I can really see myself wearing them through the summer. What do you think?
- Becca Hydramist Powder – I am SO intrigued by this….it’s powder that’s 50% WATER! I have to wear powder sparingly on my face, otherwise it makes me look like the crypt keeper. But I’m thinking if the powder is super hydrating it could set my make-up without settling into every fine line I have. Has anyone tried this? HELP!
- Tie-Waist Knit Dress – I know this isn’t super exciting, but how great does this dress look? It just seems so easy to wear. I bet it is really flattering on, and totally versatile. Pop on a denim jacket and some flat sandals and you’re cute/casual…or some cute heels and some jewelry and you’re dressed up. I love a midi-length dress, and the website says this hits below the knee, which is a great length for me. DECISIONS!!
- Wedge Espadrille Sandas – UGHHHHH! I know I don’t need these, but I WANT THEM! I really need to get into Nordstrom and try them on. I have seen these on a few girls and they look adorable, but ankle straps aren’t my favorite and can cut my legs at the wrong place making me look shorter than I already am. BUT the reviews are really good on these, so I think they might be ok! I haven’t bought a platform sandal in a while…maybe I’ll just go for it?
And some totally random things I am loving…
THIS Mac and Cheese recipe is why I’ll never be able to quit carbs!
I ordered a new notepad last week and I love it! I’m not a “planner” girl, being more of a phone calendar girl, but I do love a notebook to jot lists, ideas, recipes, etc. Plus, if you can personalize something, I’m into it.
Kinda really loving these “Smart Cakes“. I have been trying to make healthier choices lately, still trying to get the holiday pounds off. I’ve been doing pretty well. I mean, I’m not on any huge crazy diet…I make too make delicious treats to cut all that out. But I have been really liking Smart Cakes…I mean, they’re not an Otis Spunkmeyer muffin, but they’re a decent substitute when you want a sweet treat, but don’t want to blow all your calories/carbs in one place. Each muffin is like 38 calories, which is bananas!
Anyway, that’s all for March…bring on April and warmer temperatures! I’d love to know what YOU’RE loving this month!!!
**Nothing in this post is sponsored, and I purchased everything with my own money. There are some affiliate links included via reward style and amazon, and the very small commission I make on items purchased help fuel my online shopping addiction, in hopes to bring you more favorites!