Milk Chocolate Whoppers Brownies are a malted milk brownie made with milk chocolate and topped with a malted chocolate frosting! If you are a fan of the classic candy, you will love these brownies!
While I always think you should make the stuff you see here, I have to say these are really good brownies. Really good…and the frosting, oh my word..it’s awesome ~ tastes just like a Whopper thanks to the yummy addition of Ovaltine!
Chop up some Whoppers (chocolate malt balls)
You can thank me later!
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate malt mix, I used Ovaltine
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped chocolate malt balls (I used Whoppers)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate malt mix (Ovaltine)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat until the chocolate is just melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, vanilla and brown sugar until combined.
- Stir in the salt, baking powder, malt powder, and flour until smooth and evenly combined.
- Fold in your chopped malt balls
- Spread the batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted 1 inch away from edge comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- To make frosting, place butter, powdered sugar, and malt mix in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low for 1 minute. Add in the milk and increase the mixing speed to medium, mixing until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled brownies.
- Top with extra chocolate malt balls for garnish, if desired.
store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Want To Save This Recipe?