Milk Chocolate Whoppers Brownies are a malted milk brownie made with milk chocolate and topped with a malted chocolate frosting! If you are a fan of the classic candy, you will love these brownies!
While I always think you should make the stuff you see here, I have to say these are really good brownies. Really good…and the frosting, oh my word..it’s awesome ~ tastes just like a Whopper thanks to the yummy addition of Ovaltine!
These are pretty easy brownies…straight forward…no funny business.
Chop up some Whoppers (chocolate malt balls)
Then melt your milk chocolate and butter together. When it’s good and melty add your wet stuff, like eggs, vanilla and brown sugar.
Then add your dry stuff…flour, baking powder, Ovaltine etc,When all that’s mixed together fold in your Whoppers.
And spread it into your prepared pan.
Bake ’em up and then frost them with some yummy Chocolate Malt Frosting…or don’t, but you really should.
You can thank me later!
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate malt mix, I used Ovaltine
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped chocolate malt balls (I used Whoppers)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate malt mix (Ovaltine)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat until the chocolate is just melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, vanilla and brown sugar until combined.
- Stir in the salt, baking powder, malt powder, and flour until smooth and evenly combined.
- Fold in your chopped malt balls
- Spread the batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted 1 inch away from edge comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- To make frosting, place butter, powdered sugar, and malt mix in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low for 1 minute. Add in the milk and increase the mixing speed to medium, mixing until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled brownies.
- Top with extra chocolate malt balls for garnish, if desired.
store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Want To Save This Recipe?