These Outrageous Peanut Butter Candy Bars are over the top! They start with a buttery Nutter Butter Crust, chopped Reeses Cups, Chopped Butterfinger, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips, all topped with a creamy layer of sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter! OMG!!
Sometimes you make a recipe that really makes you stop and pat yourself on the back. I mean, let’s just pause and take a look at the picture of these Peanut Butter Cookie and Candy Bars. Soak it in. Soak it allllllll in.
These aren’t for the faint of heart. They aren’t for someone looking to cut calories. They aren’t for someone with a peanut allergy.
These are in your face full of peanut butter. And I love it.
There were a few tears involved in the making of this recipe, however. When I made the first batch I was in a hurry and I popped the tray in the refrigerator to help speed up the cooling process. Well, I balanced the pan on a tub of sour cream and a jar of leftover Hoisin sauce.
Turns out don’t do that.
One swift pull of the refrigerator door and my gorgeous tray of bars came crashing down into a sad pile of broken peanut butter promises. A tear or two was definitely shed.
But onward and upward my friends. I gathered my composure and started over.
It was worth it.
There are most likely 7,000 calories per bar. Just make peace with this.
All you do is crush up an entire package of Nutter Butter cookies, mix that with some melted butter and bake the crust for a few minutes. When it comes out of the oven top it with Reese’s cups and chopped Butterfinger.
Then top that with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and a glorious mixture of peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk.
You could add some chopped peanuts too if you want!
Bake it for a bit and then let the whole pan cool completely before you slice into these beefcakes…but whatever you do, don’t balance the pan in the fridge on sour cream and Hoisin sauce.
Probably you should just be patient and let them cool at room temperature!
You guys are just going to love these!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package Nutter Butter cookies, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup Challenge butter, melted
- 10 full sized peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- 2 full sized Butterfinger Candy Bars, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set this aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the crushed Nutter Butters and melted butter, mixing evenly. Press this into the prepared pan and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle evenly with Reese’s cups, Butterfingers, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- In a separate bowl stir together the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter and vanilla. Microwave this for 30 seconds until slightly warm and thinned. Pour this on top of the bars evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
recipe lightly adapted from my recipes