Here I am, almost going on a full week with my kitchen in shambles. It is still “technically” operable, but who wants to cook in a construction zone…
I mean, I could possibly get the vanilla confused with battery acid or something and poison my whole family and die without ever seeing my new cabinets.
Well, I guess my husband isn’t officially using battery acid for any aspect of the remodel, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Also, speaking of my husband, remember back when we talked about his carpenter jeans? Well, I guess he got embarrassed that I made fun of them. So you wanna know what he went and did?
If you’re gonna say he went to Macy’s and bought some brand new denim, well, you’d be wrong. He didn’t even go to Kohls.
What he DID do, however, was repurpose said carpenter jeans without my prior knowledge or approval.
Let’s take a gander as he empties out our pantry…
Not only are denim shorts bad, but they are cut-off, carpenter jean, denim shorts.
Lord, please. Let this kitchen be done soon, so I can dispose of these shorts and never ever think of my husband in this way again. Ever.
Oh yeah, and to also have my oven back.
Now, let’s talk about important stuff…
Puppy Chow Krispie Treats.
Puppy Chow is a delicious snack mix that a neighbor of mine makes for parties. Some people call them Muddy Buddies. Whatever you call it, it’s Rice Chex cereal coated in chocolate and peanut butter and dusted in powdered sugar.
I took the same idea and turned it into a Krispie.
I was going to use Chex instead of Rice Krispies but when I told my son what I was doing, he strongly disagreed. He told me that Chex in a krispie bar is no good and if bitten at the wrong angle you could basically stab the inside of your mouth.
I certainly don’t want any mouth stabbing incidents on my conscience, so I took his advice and went with Rice Krispies.
It worked out well.
All you have to do is melt some chocolate…
Then add your cereal…
And I added in some whole marshmallows for added measure. I mean, isn’t the defining characteristic of a kripie treat the marshmallows? Ok, maybe it’s the krispies, but marshmallows are a definite second.
After I spread that into the pan I gave it a good healthy dose of powdered sugar.
Then I ate.
I have no self control.
makes 20 squares
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2–3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. When melted, remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until incorporated.
- Stir in your crispy rice cereal until it’s evenly coated with chocolate/peanut butter mixture.
- Stir in your miniature marshmallows.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Sift powdered sugar over top of krispie treats evenly.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Cut into squares and serve at room temperature.
Want To Save This Recipe?