This deliciously addictive treat was introduced to me at a place called The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Ever been there? They have shelves and shelves of delicious looking candy apples and homemade fudge that I would always be THIS close to buying…but being a bit of a cheapskate I always went for one of the least expensive thing there…the Avalanche Bar.
At like, $3.50 it was still overpriced, but oh so worth it. A strange but wonderful combination of white chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallow it is like rice krispie treat on steroids! Unfortunately, the RMCF closest to my house has since closed, so I was without by beloved Avalanche Bar.
Get some peanut butter and white chocolate ready.
- 12 oz bag of White Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp for garnish.
- Lightly grease a 9x9 pan
- In microwave-safe bowl pour in white chips and heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and continue in 30 second increments until chips are melted.
- Combine the peanut butter with the melted chips and add the krispies.
- Let cool approx 15 – 20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so to help cool.
- Add the marshmallows and the mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly, pressing lightly with the back of your spoon, but do not compact too much, otherwise they will get hard.
- Press the remaining chocolate chips into the top for garnish.
- When the bars are completely cooled cut into squares and enjoy!