These Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Bananas Foster Frosting make the yummiest Bananas Foster Cupcakes!
So I am not a huge banana person.
Actually it’s like my least favorite fruit.
I think it’s a texture thing.
UNLESS..it’s combined with caramel or brown sugar.
I’m not sure what either of those things do to the banana, but basically it makes it a dessert I can’t live without.
So I decided on making some Bananas Foster Cupcakes using her recipe for frosting on top of my favorite recipe for brown sugar cupcakes.
And let me tell you. Cupcake magic happened.
You guys NEED these. Like yesterday.
Bananas Foster Cupcakes.Also, this book you guys. GET IT!
There are SO many fun frosting flavors, but this one just wouldn’t stop.
So I whipped up some brown sugar cupcakes. Also, you NEED to make these.Totally simple, but so good!
Then I decided they really needed caramel.
And then I ate 3.
And stay tuned you guys..later this week I am going to be giving away a copy of Courtney’s book! YAY!!!!
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup mashed banana (1 large banana)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup butter
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp dark rum (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Garnish with banana slices and caramel sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat for 30 seconds after each.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Measure out milk and vanilla together.
- Add about a third of the dry mixture and half milk mixture in alternating portions beginning and ending with dry mixture until incorporated and smooth.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cupcake springs back when pushed or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting cupcakes.
- Mash banana in a small bowl with lemon juice.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter for 2 minutes. Add in banana and beat for 1-2 more minutes until well mixed. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time on low speed. Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, rum and vanilla.
- Turn mixer up to medium and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with a banana slice and drizzle with caramel.