Butter Coconut Bars are for the coconut lover in your life. Buttery, sweet and packed with as much coconut as I could get in there!
I know coconut is one of those things people love or hate. From what I hear, it all comes back to texture.
I get it…I am not going to tell you how to live your life. But I, personally, think you’re wrong.
Also, I have been known to be a little bossy.
Anyhow, if you’re on the right side of this argument, the coconut side (obvi), you’re gonna be fully into today’s recipe. Let’s all live our best life, k?
Also, let me just add, besides coconut, there is butter, sugar, and freaking sweetened condensed milk in these beauty queen bars. And while, if you’re just diving into the coconut world, these might not be the first step. Start with a pina coloda, then a Samoa, and you’ll be with me in no time.
These bars are definitely end-game material.
Are you with me yet?
The crust is a breeze to make. It’s just flour, brown sugar and butter!
You’ll press that into a pan and bake it for a few minutes.
The coconut layer is simple too. No mixer required for this recipe.
Once you have the filling mixed together, which is a custardy-coconut type situation you’ll pour it on top of the crust.
And then add more…coconut, of course.
Pop it into the oven!
And you’ll need to let them cool completely before cutting into bars. You could chill them too…they would be great cold.
And then have a bite. You earned it.
These are rich, and sweet, and perfectly delicious.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (14- ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- 4 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided (this equals one 14- ounce bag)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray only the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar and butter. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Reduce the oven heat to 325°F. Transfer the pan to a wire rack.
- While the crust is baking, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, flour and butter until smooth. Stir in 3 cups of the coconut and spread the mixture onto the warm crust. Sprinkle the remaining cup of coconut evenly on top and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden and the center is set.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting.